Rand Merchant Bank (RMB), a division of FirstRand Bank Limited, is a leading African corporate and investment bank and part of one of the largest financial services groups in Africa. We offer our clients innovative, value-added advisory, funding, trading, corporate banking and principal investing solutions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: BT Application Specialist
- To design and develop software functional specifications and bespoke software application with a project focus.
- To Interface with the client to understand a client’s business as well as their goals and visions for products being supported.
- To manage critical system applications and financial application reporting in line with the strategic objectives of the Bank.
- To collaborate with stakeholders in First Rand Group on application requirements as relates to Nigeria specifications.
- Participating in strategic decisions about technology, definition, and implementation of RMBN’s bespoke software projects for business enablement, service & process transformation and cost efficiency Working together with the RMB BT and Finance teams to plan and execute projects, ensuring that teams have the appropriate product and technical specifications, direction and resources to deliver products effectively Working together with RMB Finance and Operations teams in SA and Nigeria to resolve system issues and develop appropriate applications, financial and management reports to meet regulatory and business requirements.
- Providing software development plans that meet the future needs of RMBN’s clients and markets, technologies for productivity and process improvements
- Liaising with stakeholders to determine integration points and interaction for software components
- Performing software design and development based on the customer’s requirement and produces design documents
- Resolving system financial accounting process and reporting issues.
- Influencing and complying with regulatory requirements
- Attending to requests concerning code reviews and writes codes for application functionality
- Reviewing current software to identify areas for optimization and executes the optimization process
- Supervising the entire life cycle of bespoke software products to ensure they conform with applicable standards
- Ensuring Application Security, best practice and regulatory compliance for software solutions. .Responding to issues from internal and external customers; ensures the integrity of applications developed and satisfaction of customers
- Evolving and updating the existing software system applications and architecture in various areas as needed.
- Ensuring that RMBN system produces financial reports compliance with both RMB and Nigeria regulatory requirements.
- Delivering and managing of technology projects and solution life cycle within budget and set time frames
- Implementing & supporting core banking, peripheral, electronic channels and specialized applications
- Facilitating application and enablement to align with strategic business products and services. Develops and maintains integrated programs to protect the integrity, confidentiality and availability of customer’s information resources
Effective internal and external stakeholder relationship management:
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with all stakeholders, displaying excellent abilities to initiate dialogue and listen, advise, influence and negotiate;
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Demonstrate focus on RMBN’s clients with the deployment of software upgrades, enhancements and fixes that are coordinated based on targeted release schedules
- Oversee code review by ensuring that peer codes are checked for errors and anti-patterns
- Actively participate in the release of products according to stipulated timelines
- Ensure compliance with RMB development processes
- Initiate meetings with key stakeholders to track progress, manage expectations and ensure stakeholders’ needs are met;
- Ensure client expectations are met or exceeded;
- Use influence and negotiation to achieve win-win outcomes;
- Proactively communicate and share information and encourage discussion and debate (share successes and highlight challenges).
- Provide engineering support when building, deploying, configuring and supporting systems for customers
Qualifications and Experience
Education and Qualification:
- The successful candidate should have at the minimum, a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / Electrical / Electronic Engineering/ Applied Physics or a related discipline.
- Minimum of seven (7) years experience in a similar role and relevant industry with at least 5 years in application development & management and financial reporting
- A Master’s Degree or applicable Accounting certification will be an advantage
- Strong knowledge of Oracle Financial systems.
- Ability to negotiate and influence across all levels including senior stakeholders;
- Detailed understanding of the Nigerian Banking Industry
- Relevant certification such as ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library), MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) / MCTS (Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist) / MCITP (Microsoft Certified IT Professional), OCA (Oracle Certified Associate), OCP (Oracle Certified Professional)
Technical Skills and Competencies:
- Enterprise JAVA/.NET development
- Database Administration
- Performance Development
- Analytical and problem solving
- Embedded C development (programming language)
- Reporting (crystal reports, jasper report)
- Customer focus (internal and external customers)
- Information analysis and management
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the “Job Title” as the subject of your mail
Application Deadline 31st March, 2020.