The Nigeria Institute of Chartered Arbitrators (NICArb) is the premier arbitration institute in Nigeria founded in 1979 under the leadership of former Attorney General of Nigeria and former judge of the World Court at The Hague, Judge Bola Ajibola, SAN, KBE and duly incorporated in 1988 under the Companies Act as a legal entity Limited by Guarantee.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Operating Officer (COO)
- This individual will be responsible for managing internal operations of the Organization.
- This individual will be primarily responsible for implementing core activities and overseeing all administrative and financial task associated with ensuring effective management of memberships and programmes.
- Establish and maintain internal controls to ensure compliance with financial, human resources and administrative policies and procedures;
- Presents new ideas and cash flow strategies to Registrar, the Governing Council and at Annual General Meetings
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Organization
- Prepare regular reports on the performance of the entity
- Oversee any other tasks that may emerge as a result of the growth of the Organization.
- Report to and work closely with the Registrar/Chief Executive Officer
- Provide financial oversight of business operations with a focus on delivering on financial goals and key business metrics;
- Manage the smooth functioning of the office support systems including negotiations with suppliers, vendors and other service providers in the most cost-effective manner;
- Motivate staff to meet or surpass organisational and sales goal
- Ensure that company complies with all tax, legal and regulatory obligations.
- Promote communication between colleagues for the benefit of information flow and to curb any problems that arise
- Demonstrable knowledge and interest in literature and literacy
- Strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- Proven entrepreneurial ability and capacity to work with significant autonomy
- A high level of integrity and preparedness to keep stakeholders informed
- Strong indication of passion for NigeriaТs development and commitment to the developmental objective of the Organization.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Law, Business Administration or any other related field.
- A Master’s degree in Law, Business Administration, Public Administration, Developmental Studies, or MBA will be an added advantage
- Over 7 years of experience of managerial experience in international business or development
- Evidence of strong fundraising and funds management skills
- Evidence of string networks in the Nigerian private, public and nonprofit sector
- Strong analytical skills
- A team and bridge builder
- Strong research and programme skills.
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV with Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 25th March, 2020.