The Federal Polytechnic, Oko is situated within Oko town in Orumba North Local Government of Anambra State. At inception in 1979, the institution was approved by the Anambra State Government as a College of Arts and Science designed to prepare candidates for the General Certificate in Education (GCE) examination at both the ordinary and advanced levels.
On June 28, 1980, the institution was upgraded to College of Arts, Science and Technology, an elevation that made it more attractive to young school leavers who came in droves to seek the higher certificate which the College could then award. The College was formalized as the Anambra State Polytechnic, Oko through Edict No. 12 of 1985, published as a supplement to the Anambra State of Nigeria Gazette No. 24, Volume 10 of June 27, 1984.
Finally, in 1993, the State Polytechnic was taken over by the Federal Government and was renamed Federal Polytechnic, Oko.
We invite applications from qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director of Works Services
- The Federal Polytechnic, Oko, on the approval of the Honourable Minister of Education, and in keeping with the provisions of the Act setting up the Polytechnic, hereby announces the vacant position of Director of Works Services. Consequently applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for this position.
- Preparing the Works Division’s Budget and exercising Budgetary controls
- Keeping an inventory of all Polytechnic vehicles and has responsibility for their maintenance, security and up-keep; and
- Supervision of all staff in the Division.
- Overall control of the Works and Estate Department;
- Formulating divisional strategies to achieve the Polytechnic goals; Planning and controlling the technical activities of the Works Department
- Advising the Rector on the acquisition, operation and maintenance of all Polytechnic assets;
- A Doctorate degree with 14 years qualification cognate experience (after registration with COREN).
- Interested candidates should not be more than 59 years of age at thetime of application.
- Membership of professional bodies / association(s) would be an advantage.
- Candidates for this position must be morally sound and of impeccable character.
- Interested candidates should possess a B.Sc / HND in Engineering. Candidates should be registered with COREN, with at least 18 years post-qualification cognate experience (after registration), or
- A Master’s Degree in Engineering plus 18 years post-qualification cognate experience (after registration), or
Terms of Appointment and Conditions of Service
- The Conditions of Service for the post are as applicable in the Federal Polytechnic system.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit twenty-five (25) typewritten copies of Applications and Curriculum Vitae giving information in the following order:
- Name in full (Surname in Capital Letters)
- Date and Place of Birth
- State of Origin
- Local Government Area of Origin
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Current Contact Address
- Email Address and Telephone Number
- Permanent Home Address
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic and Professional Qualifications with date
- Membership of Professional Association / Bodies with dates
- Previous employment(s) and post(s) with dates
- Present Appointment (with date), Status and Salary
- Names and Addresses of three (3) referees (Applicants should request the referees to forward confidential reports on them directly to the Registrar).
Interested applicants must support all their claims of credentials, age, promotions, appointment etc., with documentary evidence.
Applications with Curriculum Vitae, copies of all relevant credentials, and supporting evidence (all in a sealed envelope) should be forwarded, either by hand or by post and should be marked at the top left hand corner of the envelope, “The Position of Director of Works Services” to reach:
Federal Polytechnic, Oko,
P.M.B. 021, Aguata,
Application Deadline 9th April, 2020.