eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings and uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We are recruiting to fill the positions of:
Job Title: EOC Administrative Coordinator
Purpose of the Position
- The EOC Administrative Coordinator Oversees a variety of administrative and technical services to support activities of the Emergency Operations Center (EOC).
- S/he ensures quality services are rendered at the front desk and points of contact for internal and external stakeholders.
What You’ll do
- Ensure general administrative/Technical support to the EOC Office staff and Partners as required are provided.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of the basics behind the Internet and its workings (DNS, Security, IP Routing, VPN, Email routing and HTTP. Investigates, diagnose and solves computer software and hardware faults.
- Installs, maintains, configures and troubleshoot telecommunication infrastructure, including VOIP phones, AP’s, WLAN controllers including servers, printers, computers workstations, etc.
- Performs any other duties assigned by Management.
- Provides technical support to troubleshoot malfunctions of network hardware and software applications, telephones and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Organizes and facilitates meetings, conferences, and other special events. Sets up meeting rooms with appropriate technology and arranges lunches, dinners, and refreshments for meetings.
- Oversees all secretarial/clerical duties including recording and transcribing minutes of meetings, photocopying, and mailing. Assists in managing all technical equipment (printers, computers, projectors, etc.)
- Responsible for assigning daily tasks and oversee the maintenance of electronic and Physical copy filing systems, and modifies documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, and emails.
- Coordinates and oversees the day-to-day management of supplies, equipment, and facilities for the organization, as appropriate, to include maintenance, inventory management, logistics, security, and related activities.
- Supervises entries, and/or updates data to maintain departmental records and databases, as appropriate; establishes and maintains files and records for the EOC. Organizes and maintains electronic and paper filing systems for EOC resources, tools, and materials, including files on the shared drive.
Who you are:
- Demonstrated knowledge of software and troubleshooting.
- Able to communicate by various modes such as verbally in-person, Mobile phone, pager, and direct connect/radio.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills and great attention to detail. Must be able to work as a member of a team and possess good problem-solving skills.
- Must have flexibility in working hours, including on-call availability and the willingness to work holidays. Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills and great attention to detail. Must be able to work as a member of a team and possess good problem-solving skill.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized academic institution in Business Administration, Computer Science, Management or any related field.
- Minimum of Five (5) years Technical administrative support experience preferably in an International NGO or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency working within specialized software utilized in program
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and the general public.
- English is the spoken and written language. Fluency in local Hausa is an advantage.
- Ability to read, analyse and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations.
Job Title: Data & Software Internship
We are looking to offer placement to bright minds for their Industrial Training Programs(SIWES) into the following positions;
- WordPress webmaster Intern (thorough knowledge of WordPress)
- Data Visualization & Dashboards (knowledge of building dashboards using Excel, Python, PowerBI, R or other tools required)
- Data Science (using R or Python).
- Java Enterprise (Web) Software Developer with a good knowledge of Tomcat, Java, OpenMRS, Spring framework, MySQL, etc.
- Linux System Admin Intern familiar with DevOps processes including systems provisioning and configuration, writing robust scripts in Bash and/or Python, monitoring and identifying system breaches.
Job Title: Data Analyst – Intern
- The Data Analyst – Intern will provide support on data analysis, the design and development of data dashboards and data visualization, with an emphasis on user experience and friendly information communication.
- He/she will ensure data is presented in a way that’s easy to understand.
- A degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or other relevant field is required.
- At least one year experience in data analysis. Knowledge of statistical methodologies is an added advantage.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skill is required. He/she must have an excellent written, oral, data and graphical communication skills.
Job Title: Android Application Developer
- We are looking for an Android App developer to develop mobile applications for health statistics.
- The Android App developer will be responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a number of diverse android devices, support testing and installation of mobile applications.
- The primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services.
- Qualification: Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- Experience: At least one (1) year experience in Android development.
- Ability to deliver Native Android application.
- Ability to worked as part of a Scrum team and understand Agile methodologies.
- Good understanding of Git, Java, Maven and Gradle.
- Ability to reconcile design between Android on a cross-functional team.
- Good understanding of the principles of google material Design.
- Ability to write testable application.
- Proficient with at least one Development architecture (MVP, MVVM or MVI)
- Knowledge Kotlin is a plus.
Application Deadline 31st March, 2020.
Note: When the page opens, scroll down to apply.