Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: MEAL Officer
Job ID: 200001UQ
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Post Type: National
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Team: Nigeria Country Office
- Level 3- The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people and, in the overseas context all posts are considered to be level 3 posts in view of potential situations which may allow staff unsupervised access to vulnerable children and young people.
- Ensure implementation of the M&E plan for the EU Resilience early recovery project programmes including monitoring progress against planned activities, critical milestones and targets as well as providing support and guidance to program officers and CSO / government counterparts to ensure that the data collection, data management and reporting, are of the highest possible quality.
Scope of Role:
- Reports to: MEAL Coordinator
- Staff directly reporting to this post:
Key Areas of Accountability
Objective 1 – Coordinate Data Collection, Data Quality Management, Analysis and State Level Reporting:
- Participate in the design of programme monitoring and evaluation tools (registers, reporting templates, databases, etc.) to track Education and Child Survival projects
- In collaboration with MOE, SUBEB and relevant SC staff, ensure timely data collection, compilation and reporting according to programme M&E plan
- Conduct monthly data analysis and prepare monthly programme IPTT monitoring reports
- Ensure the programme database is updated regularly
- Support programme feedback meetings to communities, facilities and authorities
- Support the MEAL Coordinator to implement the DQA system including the conduct of data quality assessments according to the M&E plan
- Support the MEAL Coordinator in data management for rapid assessments, situational analysis, surveys, evaluations and other research as required
- Plan, forecast and facilitate the production and supply of M&E tools and materials to supported sites
Objective 2 – Support Programme Supervision, Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Support the MEAL Coordinator to monitor Education and Child Protection projects across all target communities and communicate findings and progress to Program Managers
- Participate in evaluation of Education, Livelihood, Resilience, Nutrition, Social Protection, and Child Protection projects, focusing on data management of evaluation datasets.
- Support the dissemination and use of evaluation and research reports and propose changes for improvement to the Education and Child Protection Team.
Objective 3 – Support Documentation, Reporting, Knowledge Sharing and Effective Feedback Mechanism:
- Support coordination of Education, Livelihood, Resilience, Nutrition, Social Protection, and Child Protection projects monthly, quarterly, biannual and annual reviews and reports as required.
- Participate in dissemination of program information to communities, children, and other stakeholders through a regular feedback mechanism
- Support the management of the beneficiary complaints and feedback mechanism database
- Update shared drive and project team space with program monitoring documents regularly
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
- The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
Skills and Behaviours (our Values in Practice)
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
- Holds self and others accountable
- Creating best-in-class EA function
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Designing more effective admin and data management systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Skills & Experience
Administrative & General Skills:
- 2-3 yrs post-NYSC previous experience with local and international NGOs
- Previous experience with Resilience, Education, Livelihood, Nutrition, Social Protection, and Child Protection projects
- Proficiency in the use of MS Excel or other statistical package e.g SPSS,STATA-12,DHIS etc)
- Fluency in English
- Ability to work in partnership with government and development partners
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a team setting
- Independence, adaptability and flexibility
- Excellent communication skills including report writing
- We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Safeguarding our Staff:
- The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI anti-harassment policy
Health and Safety:
- The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
Application Deadline 30th March, 2020.