The International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Support Assistant (Project Development and Reporting)
SVN No.: SVN2020.018
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Organizational Unit: Programme Support Unit (PSU)
IOM Classification: G5
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term (SST) 6 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Under the overall guidance of the Head of the Programme Support Unit and the direct supervision of the Programme Support Officer, and in close co-ordination with senior management, resources management and programme managers the successful candidate will assist resource mobilisation and external liaison functions through grants management, project development and reporting as well as fundraising actions.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Provide general assistance to the Programme Support Officer in the process of developing new programme / projects that respond to emerging trends as well as context and donor specific priorities.
- Draft internal and external project / programme-level reports.
- Assist in the implementation of programme /project-level administrative monitoring mechanisms and procedures.
- IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
- Provide administrative and technical support in preparation and organization of conferences, meetings, trainings and other events.
- Undertake field visits in Nigeria to assist in the implementation and monitoring of projects.
- Assist the Program Support Officer in processing, and submissions of project proposals, donor reports, partner agreements and any other relevant documents, in line with specific internal requirements and procedures and follow up on the endorsement process.
- Maintain accurate and pertinent records of all correspondence, files, project development and reporting products and tools as well as administrative information.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in Political or Social Sciences, Law, Human Rights, International Relations, Migration Studies or a related field from an accredited academic institution with three years of relevant professional experience; or School Diploma with five years of relevant professional experience;
- Sound knowledge of project implementation and familiarity with financial and business procedures;
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
- Experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-governmental or governmental institutions/organizations in a multi-cultural setting;
- Strong knowledge of monitoring and evaluation tools and methodologies;
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – Behavioural Indicators Level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their Applications via email to: HRNIGERIA@iom.int indicating the position applied for on the subject line.
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a Cover Letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line SVN2020.018 Maiduguri Programme Support Assistant (Project Development and Reporting), G5.
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- This position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Internals of the Organization and NMS candidates, as well as external female candidates, will be considered as first-tier candidates
- This vacancy is also open to second-tier candidates.
- The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances
Application Deadline 15th March, 2020.