Nextier Capital Limited is a multi-competency public service advisory firm and think tank with experience bringing diverse actors together to address governance problems in highly complex environments. Nextier has core competencies in policy research, strategy, finance, monitoring and evaluation, and strategic communication. Nextier consultants bring deep knowledge of their industries; deliver rigorous analysis, and present pragmatic solutions to produce practical, sustainable, and high impact results.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research & Policy Analyst
Job Type: Full time
- Nextier seeks to engage the services of a Research & Policy Analyst. The Analyst will work within a team of other analysts and consultants within the firm to achieve business or organizational target.
- The Research and Policy Analyst will work to support Nextier Power in the planning, designing, and implementing of energy policies related to various aspects of the power sector and in generating bankable projects by providing technical support that includes drafting proposals and undertaking sector assessments and applied research on good practices and experiences, participating in knowledge sharing programs, and refining and solidifying Nextier’s service offerings in the power sector.
- The Research and Policy Analyst will engage with personnel within Nextier, government officials, and development partners to expand meaningful application of up-to-date power knowledge and tools as well as the synthesis of cutting-edge insights and ideas.
- Take initiative to support the development of energy proposals and engagements with donors and private sector to mobilize financial resources and leverage co-financing.
- In-depth understanding of the Nigerian Power sector and proffer solutions.
- Monitor and evaluate all activities in the programme using strategic tools.
- Develop concept notes on Greenfield policies and programs.
- Developing policy briefs, proposals, tender for bids, copy editing and proof reading of articles and briefs.
- Developing any other document as instructed by the senior leadership
- Lookout for possible portfolios within the market for expansion.
- Stakeholder relations to understand the market operated in and assisting Nextier to consolidate shares within the market with a target of expansion.
- Interface with other sector operators and participants for exchange of ideas and information.
- Read books, journals and materials in sector to stay updated and relevant.
- Develop program scope, support, execute and coordinate Nextier Power programmes and projects.
- Manage the various grant programmes targeted to improve consumer education and access both in the on-grid and off-grid space.
- Provide strategy for programme direction and dissemination.
- Provide strategic supervision for the dissemination of the daily newsletter.
- Editor for the Weekly newspaper series on critical issues in the power sector.
- Manage, coordinate and organise the Monthly discuss on matters which are critical to economic growth.
- Organise power sector specific radio programmes, roundtables and customer engagement workshops.
- Research on industry aspects as the need arises.
- Research on innovations and opportunities for expansion and implementation within the industry.
- Provide support in any other capacity required.
The ideal candidate must have the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with 2:1 and above in any science related field
- Master’s degree preferably in sustainable energy, renewable energy engineering and any other power sector related courses.
- 3-5 years’ experience working within the power or in a research and policy related role.
- In-depth knowledge of the power sector is essential
- Self-starter with strong analytical skills and a problem-solving attitude.
- Must be confident and articulate.
- Must be decisive, action-centered and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must pay attention to details
- Able to develop ideas and processes and clearly express them.
- Excellent writing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access)
- Dedicated team player
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply