The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
In collaboration with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking for prospective candidates for the SENSE (Strengthening Education in North East) project funded by USAID. The position is a local position and is open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Department: Atiku Center (SENSE Project)
Nature of Employment: Project Assignment
Duration: Twenty (20) Months
Summary of Position
- The Senior M&E Officer will report to the Snr. M&E Specialist.
- They will be responsible for administering tools, collecting and entering the classroom and school data as well as to conduct basic analysis. They will also be responsible for supporting senior staff during workshops.
- M.Sc in Mathematics / Statistics / ITC required with 3 years’ experience or B.Sc with 7 years’ experience
- M&E experience on an Education project
- Strong interpersonal and community mobilization skills.
- Excellent IT skills, (to be tested)
- Ability to use excel and similar software for extensive analysis and reporting (to be tested).
- Experience with managing large data sets
- Experience in M&E training for state and non-state partners
- Strong organizational and analytical skills and ability to work well under pressure and with minimal supervision.
Description of Benefits
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the Project.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here (doc) to apply online and submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and references on a single file to: email@example.com in a Word document or PDF format
- The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 22nd March, 2020.