Kogi Partnership Against Poverty (KPAP) now registered as Participation Initiative for Behavioral Change in Development (PIBCID) is a non-government Organization registered as Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC 391498). Since 2009, PIBCID has been working in partnership with women, men, children, youth, Civil Society Organizations / groups and government at all levels to address the underlying causes of poverty in resource marginalized and derelict communities.
PIBCID is inviting applications from qualified candidate to fill the position below within the organization, Location Lokoja, Kogi State:
Job Title: Senior Programme Officer
Location: Lokoja, Kogi
Reporting to: Executive Director (ED)
Line Management: None
- The Senior Program Officer will support Participation Initiative for Behavioral Change in Development (PIBCID) to deliver on the core objectives of an ActionAid Nigeria funded project “System and Structure Strengthening Approach against Radicalization to Violent Extremism (SARVE II) Project in Kogi State Nigeria through the Human Right Based Approach (HRBA) to development.
- The Ideal candidate will be resident in Lokoja, Kogi State, and have the professional capacity to engage vulnerable communities to build resilience to mitigate radicalization and extremism. S / he will report directly to the ED.
Program and Communication:
- Ensure participation and involvement of all stakeholders in the implementation of System and Structure Strengthening Approach Against Radicalization to Violent Extremism Project Programs at the various levels.
- Support communities for effective advocacy to stakeholders identified
- Ensure that all projects communities employ Right Based Approach on the implementation of their work.
- Support for community facilitators on community issues identified.
- Representing the PIBCID at conferences, seminars and other events as necessary.
- Ensure community compliance with all relevant policies of Government at all levels.
- Support capacity building and nurturing of local structures and the people themselves to continuously analyze their situation, identify workable actions and have skills to take the needed action which may often include engaging duty bearers to ensure equity in the allocation of resources.
- Support communities in implementation of the various initiatives to be carried out under the project.
- Support communities to develop proper baseline and monitoring and evaluation systems.
- Ensure narrative reports of programs implemented are submitted not later than 10 days after expiration of the grant period.
- Produce budget for events and assist in the development of the programs budgets and plans.
- Work with the finance officer to monitor program budget utilizations.
- Provide support to the finance officer in reviewing financial reports of partners in order to facilitate the release of tranches for program implementation.
- Any other duties as assigned by the line manager.
- A Bachelor’s Degree; Master degree strongly preferred
- Three to five years’ experience, some portion in non-profit/security sector required
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills: proven ability to be flexible in a team-oriented approach with diverse group of people
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Active fundraising experience.
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
- Strong public speaking ability.
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy.
- Ability to provide practical solutions within set deadlines.
- Excellent skills to motivate and inspire a functional team will be essential.
- Negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of program monitoring, evaluation and communicative impact
- Excellent planning, organizational, multi-task and time management skills
- Computer literate; experience working with Microsoft word, Excel, and Power Point strongly preferred
- Transparent and High integrity Leadership.
Attributes / Skills:
- Essential: Bachelor’s degree in Conflict & Peace Studies, social sciences or arts
- Desirable: Masters’ degree in a relevant field
- Membership of relevant professional Institute
- At least four (4) years post NYSC experience two (2) years’ experience in a similar position in the development sector preferably in community based work.
- Experience of working with communities in conflict
- Experience in organisational capacity development especially public sector institutions.
- Desirable: Experience in media relations
- Strong communication and writing skillsAbility to provide practical solutions within set deadlines.
- Group facilitation skills
- Ability to build and maintain community relationships
- Excellent skills to motivate and inspire a functional team will be essentialStrong analytical / problem solving skills.
- Multi-tasking skills
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to maintain donor relationship and accountability in line with funding policies and standards.
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills
- Ability to manage conflict
- Ability to motivate others to engage
- Highly numerate
- Excellent Skills in Programme Information Management
- Mobilisation skills
- Strong community engagement skills
- A person of integrity, creative and takes initiative, Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times.
- A self motivated person able to work without close supervision
- Able to effectively promote PIBCID’s mission, values, and objectives
- Proven Leadership Qualities
PIBCID offers competitive terms of employment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send in a well written Application (Cover Letter) and CV in MS Word attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com using the “Job title” as subject of the email.
- Only electronically submitted forms will be considered. Submitted CV will be disregarded.
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e by email) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Applications from qualified women are particularly encouraged. Closing date is . While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.
Application Deadline 25th March, 2020.