XMOS Africa Limited provides engineering and advisory services to clients in the oil and gas industry. XMOS is set up in Nigeria to be a premium front end integrated multi-disciplinary contractor to the oil a gas industry across Nigeria & Africa and aims to become a major African upstream, oil and gas engineering Consultancy Company.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Service Manager
Directly reports to: O&M Services Director
All the Departmental Managers including:
- Instrumentation / Control Engineer
- Operations Support Engineer
- Maintenance Engineer
- Integrated Activity Planner
- Civil / Structural Engineer
- Mechanical (Piping / Static Equipment) Engineer
- Rotating Equipment Engineer
- Electrical Engineer
- Provide all Engineering & Technical Services in support of FPSO Production and Asset Management Objectives.
- To provide good leadership to subordinates in order to ensure the provision of Discipline Engineering & Technical services support for the O&M of the FPSO at minimum costs and best quality.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Definition and Implementation of a “Lubricants and Grease Consumption Optimization Program” for all rotating equipment.
- Engage in the recruitment of all Technical personnel supporting the FPSO.
- Ensures that adequate Maintenance records for all FPSO Equipment are maintained.
- Ensure that the “Spare Parts Inventory Program” is continuously reviewed and that appropriate Max / Min and EBQ standards are in place.
- Monitor the quantity and usage of consumables, materials and equipment onboard the FPSO.
- Responsible for ensuring that Production requirements and safe operating practices comply with the Facility management system while meeting all environmental and legislative requirements.
- Review and Implementation of the upgrade of FPSO IT Service Telecommunication equipment.
- Liaise with the OIM and his support staff to ensure that good communication levels are maintained and assist in project planning related to offshore activities.
- Where applicable, supervise the Management of Contractors onboard FPSO and in their onshore facilities during the execution of Projects.
- Periodically, liaise with the OIM and the Operations Director to review the activities and operational work programs supervised by the FPSO’s Marine, Maintenance and Production Departments. The objective is to ensure that their operation and work activity is performed in accordance with the applicable Management System Instructions and Regulatory Compliance.
- Oversees all the discipline Engineering & Technical Services work supporting the O&M of the FPSO .
- Assess the Production Process and ensure that it is adequate for the Products being produced (crude oil, produced water, gas) while ensuring that the appropriate chemicals are available to support Production.
- Set up and implement a Plan for managing plant changes and modifications, as required, to achieve production objectives, including safety and asset integrity.
- Set up the overall Maintenance strategies and programs for the FPSO and ensure that the structure and adequate resources (personnel, materials, vendors) are in place.
- Regular evaluation of progress, in resolving O&M problems in the early stages, adjusting the plan as needed, and then communicating the changes and progress to OIM and NJP management.
- Definition and implementation of “Process Optimization Program” for increased Crude production at minimum operating cost and chemicals consumption.
- Definition and Implementation of a “Chemicals Optimization Program” that includes the following:
- Review of current “Chemical Supplier Vendors List” along with their corresponding MSDS.
- Confirmation that the Chemicals currently being used are appropriate for the FPSO “crude / water / gas” type and production rate.
- Review of Chemicals Storage and Injection Equipment System (storage vessels, pumps, tubing, instrumentation, hydraulics, etc.).
- Optimization of chemicals injection rate and “expected results versus actual results” for all chemical used on the FPSO .
- Work with FPSO Laboratory for implementation of above listed Optimization tasks.
- Manages unforeseen crises and issues within limits of authority.
- Provides motivation and leadership for subordinates.
- In cooperation with the HR Manage, ensure that the numbers, skills and competency of those onboard the FPSO are sufficient to meet the Vessel’s requirements and legislative requirements.
- Ensures that the right people are assigned to the right job at the right time.
- Ensures that Engineers and Technicians are adequately engaged.
- Prepares daily, weekly, monthly activity reports on Operations and Projects, as require.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Plant uptime, reliability, and availability
- Safety / Asset Integrity / Equipment maintenance status compliance
- Quality feedback from internal interfaces
- Satisfaction of Clients
- Asset Condition measures
- Asset performance measures
- Identification of new ideas or methods to improve Asset performance
- Number of programme activities and tasks executed as against work plan
Internal Interfaces – External:
- Government Agencies and Regulators
- All HOD’s, Clients
Academic and Professional:
- The holder of this post must have the following qualifications:
- Minimum BSc. degree in relevant Engineering discipline, i.e., Mechanical or Process / Chemical Engineering
- Member of a Recognised Professional Engineering body
- Minimum 20 years’ experience in the O&G Industry with at least 10 years in a senior or similar asset management role for a production / processing facility.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send the Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job title” as subject of the email.
Application Deadline 27th March, 2020.