The Admiralty University of Nigeria was established as a Public-Private-Partnership (PPP) through the joint efforts of Nigerian Navy Holdings (a subsidiary organization of the Nigerian Navy) and Hellenic Education Nigeria – (a private consultancy, with international educators as main partners).The objectives of the University are: to expand the frontiers of knowledge in various academic disciplines, in Nigeria; to use University education as a tool towards development and the enhancement of human welfare; to meet the challenges of nation building in Nigeria; and to address the acute shortage of personnel in various sections of the economy in Nigeria.
We invite applications from suitably qualified candidates for the positions below:
Job Title: University Librarian
- The University Librarian is a Principal Officer and is the Head of the University’s Library, responsible to the Vice-chancellor for the administration of the Library services in the University and for any other matter relating to the Library.
- Candidates for the post shall be visionary and have the ability to provide good leadership; possess personal integrity and demonstrate transparency in private and public life.
- They must, in addition, possess specialized computer skills for running a 21st Century Library.
Candidates should possess the followings:
- Be a professionally qualified and a practicing Librarian;
- Possess a good honours degree and a PhD in Library and Information Science from a recognised University, with at least fifteen (15) years relevant experience, preferably in a University or other Institutions of higher learning;
- Have contributed to knowledge through research and publications in reputable journals, as well possess proven records of sound administrative leadership;
- Be registered with the Library Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN);
- Be computer literate and proficient in relevant computer applications.
Duration of Appointment
- The University Librarian shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years only, on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment.
Job Title: Director of Physical Planning and Works
- The Director of Physical Planning and Works must be an accomplished Physical Planner or Architect or similar profession, very versed in University master planning, works and maintenance.
- The main duty of the Director is to ensure the proper planning and orderly development arid maintenance of the physical facilities of the University, and shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the administration of the Department and for any other matter relating to the discharge of his duties.
Candidates should possess the following:
- Possess a good honours Degree or Master’s Degree in Architecture, Quantity Surveyor, or Civil Engineering from a recognised University with not less than fifteen (15) years cognate experience, ten (10) of which must be in the University system or similar Tertiary Institution;
- Candidate must have attained the position of Deputy Director or its equivalent in A University system or tertiary Institution;
- Candidate MUST be registered with relevant professional body such as COREN;
- Must be computer literate with a working knowledge of relevant packages.
Duration of Appointment
- The Director of Physical Planning& Works shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years only, on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment.
- Applicants must be of excellent physical and mental health.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward ten (10) copies each of their Curriculum Vitae and copies of credentials with the following information:
- Full Name (Surname first in capital letters)
- Place and date of birth
- State of origin & local Government Area
- Permanent Home Address
- Present postal address/GSM numbers/e-mail address
- Marital status
- Number and ages of children (if any)
- Educational institutions attended with dates
- Academic qualifications obtained with dates
- Professional qualifications obtained with Dates
- Full details of teaching and research experience and service to the Nation and immediate community where applicable;
- List of Publications where applicable;
- Working experience including full details of former and present post(s)
- Extra-curricular activities
- Names and Addresses of three referees, one of which must be the Chief Executive/Head of the applicant’s present employer.
Application Deadline 31st March, 2020.
Submission of Applications
Candidates should forward their applications under confidential cover in an envelope sealed, marked and addressed to:
Admiralty University of Nigeria,
Candidates should also request their three Referees to send reports on them, under confidential cover to the above address.