MedicBird Health Services Limited – At MedicBird, we are essentially seeking to revolutionize digital consultations in Nigeria, so as to enable Nigerians to get medical care online through digital channels, from the most trusted set of doctors. Our verification team ensures that only licensed doctors consult on our platform, and our founding team of medical experts has set the minimum standard youТd work with by joining this platform.
We invite applications from qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Digital Medical Officer (Volunteer)
Location: Anywhere in Nigeria (Online)
The MedicBird Teleresponse Crisis Center is a “not-for-profit” initiative that we have come up with to enable all medics on a platform to volunteer towards the management and curtailing of COVID-19 in Nigeria, through WhatsApp medical consultations (and referrals). The purpose of this recruitment is to enroll as more medics onto our platform for the same purpose.
We intend to use this as a viable tool in the war against the spread and potentially detrimental effect of #COVID19 in Nigeria. Join us as we create a community of Doctors who are willing and ready to help give medical assistance to the teeming masses, as we together, provide sound medical consultations – combating misinformation, abate the panic, and improve the health outcomes in our community/country these trying times.
By enrolling, you don’t have to be available to consult all the time (as no amount of dedicated time is too small), but the platform shall continue to have doctors available all the time.
- The Digital Medical Officer (volunteer) shall be mainly involved with receiving patients through our digital channels (WhatsApp for now);
- Essentially determining cases with high risk for Coronavirus, and recommending such for our referral to the NCDC;
- Prescribing drugs and necessary medications through our platform;
- Recommending cases for our referral to other medical facilities, as the case may require.
- Your only job responsibility is medical consultation, following the procedure, guidelines, regulations, and standards that our platform provides and operates with.
- And you’re to do this at your own pace, convenience and time.
The importance of doing this now is:
- To help those who fear to visit a hospital for the stereotype associated with their peculiar issues like mental problems or other infectious diseases; as many other medical needs are suffering neglect this period.
- To serve the purpose of Nigerians seeking other less dire forms of medical consultation or advice but are unable to visit a hospital due to the fear of exposure to Coronavirus. Besides, many private hospitals have already cut down their operations since this pandemic.
- To help the populace have rapid and quick access to medical practitioners at any time of the day, amidst the current coronavirus pandemic.
- To especially help those seeking other forms of medical care or advice but stay back for fear of rejection by available hospitals to them, usually for fear of symptoms often associated with corona
- To relieve the burdens on the NCDC and Government medical facilities at this time
- MBBS + Medical Practice License;
- The ideal candidate should currently be practicing medicine in Nigeria in any capacity;
- Basic computer literacy and the ability to use the internet (Whatsapp and any other audio / video-calling application).
- By volunteering with us, you get to be a part of a noble cause to end Covid19;
- Good business prospects with us in the future, as well as career/job-referral opportunities;
- Also, by doing volunteering here, you’d get a good experience that is sellable, and especially build a profile that’d expose you to bigger opportunities in the future
Additional Note: All medical personnel enrolling here shall be provided with the option of being a part of our for-profit medical projects in the near future.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 7th April, 2020.