Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
PUI has been implementing humanitarian activities in Nigeria since April 2016, supporting population with food security, nutrition, health and protection project in Maiduguri and Borno State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Drug Dispenser
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract Start Date: First week of May, 2020.
Nationality: For Nigeria Nationals only
- PUI is now looking for a Drug Dispenser for its medical health team to implement mobile health clinic in Maiduguri.
- Under the direct supervision of the Nurse in MHCs, the Drug Dispenser dispenses drugs to patients, gives indication on drug utilization, and monitors drug consumption, according to PUI procedures
- S/he respects logistic and pharmacy procedures, fills in weekly orders and does inventory controls.
- Receive prescriptions from Clinician/ Nurse and Midwife, and verify that required information is on the form, and dispense it to the patient.
- Notify the Nurse or Midwife of incomplete or inaccurate prescriptions; as unclear handwriting, missing dose, etc.
- Dispense the medication to patients.
- Check if the patient understands the given instructions.
- Prepare clear and detailed labels for dispensed drugs written in language that patients can understand.
- Adhere to PUI practice policies and procedures for dispensing medicines, in particular those relating to controlled drugs.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Give clear instructions how to take the drug, when, how long, how to store.
- Advise and educate patients of any adverse side-effects of medicines.
- Store drugs according to PUI standards and protocols.
- Record and compile daily and weekly consumption form and send information to pharmacist.
- Arrange stock by designation and in alphabetical order, with the earliest expiring stock at the front of the shelf and the first in first out techniques.
- Ask advice from Pharmacist in case a drug is prescribed which is not available.
- Together with Pharmacist assistant and /or MHC Team Leader conduct inventory control of dispensary on a regular basis;
- Follow all safety measures and rules in the dispensary.
- Notify the pharmacist assistant / MHC Team Leader immediately about any change in drugs, in form of appearance, colour, smell, etc.
- Collect and file patients’ prescriptions.
- Monitor the supply quantity, expiration dates and quality of medicines and medical supplies.
- Maintain accurate dispensing records and report weekly to the Pharmacist.
- Submit drug order to pharmacy on a requested basis.
- Receive the orders from Pharmacy and inspect items, as to quality, quantity, and expiry dates. Provide the Pharmacy with feedback in case of irregularity.
- Apply specific hygiene protocols.
- Maintain cleanliness of the dispensary and equipment.
- Notify Pharmacist in a timely manner in case of a high consumption that may lead to low stock or stock out.
- Participate in meetings and trainings when required;
- Perform other relevant duties as requested by supervisors
- Language Skills: Fluent in local languages – Hausa and Kanuri.
- Education Level: Secondary School, with skills in mathematics
- A health background is desirable
- Acceptable knowledge of English (speaking, reading & writing)
- Desirable at least 1-2 years of experience in a health facility or work with MHUs / MHCs
- Work experience with other NGO’s would be an asset.
- Communication: able to communicate clearly with respect for patients, caretakers, team members and supervisors
- Motivation: shows commitment, flexibility and is service oriented
- Team work: shows ability to work in a team.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 22nd April, 2020.