Ascentech Services Limited – Our client, a leading conglomerate comprising companies with business interests in Engineering, Construction, Power, etc. is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HSE Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Job Field: Safety and Environment / HSE
- We are looking to hire an objective-oriented HSE Engineer who is safety conscious and oriented, to help ensure safety of all, for one of its construction project sites in FCT, Abuja.
- Develop Plant Safety Audit plan, design HSE training program according to required regulations for all the employees.
- Ensure, in accordance with the statutory guidelines, implementation, updating, review and auditing of the Company HSE Systems.
- Monitor the effective implementation of appropriate Safety, Health and Environment System procedure and provide for their updating in line with changes in Legislation and Company Directives.
- Implement all Safety permits (work confined space, work at height etc).
- Form a SLP (Safety Loss Prevention) committee and hold monthly review meeting. Circulate and implement the Minutes of the meeting.
- Ensure all safety related tools and equipment’s are always in working condition.
- Provides for motivation and familiarization of all company personnel respecting the importance of complying with the company system procedures and all Safety equipment provided.
- Ensure all employees inside the plant are using PPE’s (personal protective equipment’s) at all times).
- Obtain and comply with all facility required environmental permits.
- Lead / coordinate negotiations with regulatory agencies on permit conditions.
- Performs Risk Assessment and prepare and send monthly HSE report to the Management.
- Review and analyze data from audits, accident investigations, near misses, concessions, defect reports and customer complaints to identify adverse trends and implement preventive action.
- Identify and facilitate continuous improvement opportunities and monitor progress.
- Ensure implementation of HSE Management System is suitable, adequate and effective to promote continuous improvement in HSE performance.
- Achieve and maintain HSE program external certifications in alignment with the company objectives.
- Develop and manage HSE Labour, expense and professional services budgets, including training programs to promote staff professional development.
- Conduct internal and external safety audits, and take part in accident / incident investigations.
Educational / Experience / Qualifications and Other Skills Required
- BS or MS or HND in Engineering, Environmental, Safety, Industrial Hygiene (preferred) and relevant professional certification.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience developing and maintaining management systems for quality, health & safety and environment
- An ISO Certified Auditor qualification.
- Practical approach to problem solving in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Conflict Management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com quoting the “HSE Engineer (Abuja)” as the subject of the mail.
- Candidates who are currently based and working in Abuja will be preferred.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 30th April, 2020.