Ralds & Agate is a Business Management Consulting firm focused on providing People and Process related solutions to businesses, communities and organizations within and outside Africa.
Our focus is on People and Processes. Developing the potential within our people. to improve business practices, unleash creativity and enhance industrial productivity.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Business Development
- Coordinate the business planning, sales and marketing functions, particularly implementation of initiatives aimed at achieving the companyТs defined revenue goals and objectives.
- Ensure attainment of the companyТs target market positioning goals through the identification and development of new business opportunities which are aligned with the companyТs strategic focus
- Lead, manage and coordinate all sales activities, including but not limited to pre-sales planning and post-sales client management
- In conjunction with the Financial Controller, ensure the company operates profitably and meets / exceeds annual EBITDA targets
- Manage the research, project financing and corporate planning functions of the company.
- Manage the business planning and corporate finance / research function especially the financial modelling of all new/proposed projects and ensuring the viability of each project.
- Manage and coordinate the execution of sales strategies designed to achieve defined sales volume and revenue targets
- Conduct of quarterly risk and profitability assessments on all ongoing and new projects and proffering corrective measures where deficiencies exist
- Develop & implement effective strategies & processes to ensure strong client management and retention
- Own and ensure the effective management of the companyТs homes portal
- Gather, analyze and ensure the effective dissemination of competitor intelligence information to support effective decision making within the company
- Manage and supervise the conduct of regular market research as well as the gathering, analysis and effective dissemination of the research output/competitor intelligence to support effective decision making by the management team
- Identify sources for medium to long term funding for all projects and coordinate initiatives designed to secure the best terms and conditions
- Coordinate and manage use / ongoing modifications to the CompanyТs core financial modelling tool on a quarterly basis to reflect changes in strategies or economic factors.
- In conjunction with the Financial Controller, track all project expenditure to ensure strict adherence to pre-defined CAPEX limits
- In conjunction with the CEO & the Financial Controller, define the company’s annual growth / financial performance objectives and ensure we meet / exceed them
- Using the financial reports generated by the Financial Controller, create quarterly graphical financial performance indicator charts for the company
- Ensure seamless collaboration / partnership with all other departments within the company.
Educational Qualifications / Experience
- Minimum of a University Degree in Social Sciences or related field (a Master’s Degree in Business Administration will be advantageous)
- Previous corporate finance or business development experience in a real estate, financial services, engineering, branding or luxury goods related sector
- Minimum of 10 years working experience.
Job Title: Financial Controller
- The job-owner is primarily responsible for managing the companyТs Financial reporting, Treasury & Inventory management, Internal Controls, STOW / Mortgage administration and Tax administration functions.
- Coordination of all finance and accounting processes designed to ensure profitability, manage growth and ensure compliance with financial requirements.
- Prepare and manage the analysis & interpretation of financial and budgetary reports, as well as coordination & preparation of monthly forecasts and financial performance analysis.
- Ensure Compliance with IFRS reporting standards by all subsidiaries
- Efficient management of the treasury function especially cashflow management
- In conjunction with the Director of Business Development, ensure focused implementation of capital-raising strategies to support expansion plans.
- Management of tax administration functions inclusive of full and proper reporting
- Responsibility for the preparation of the monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports.
- Coordinate interface with appointed company auditors for preparation of financial accounts
- Support the implementation of the companyТs strategy by formulating effective financial & cost management structures in conjunction with divisional heads & the CEO.
- Support the implementation and / or updating of the organizationТs strategic plan in a way that advances the company’s mission and objectives and promotes revenue enhancement and company profitability.
Skills, Competencies and Requirements
Functional Competencies / Requirements:
- Minimum of SIX (6) years accounting experience preferably in a leading audit firm
- Must be a chartered accountant with either ACA/ACCA
General Management Competencies / Requirements:
- Good Leadership skills
- Strong Analytic and enumerative skills
- Ability to plan, schedule and coordinate effectively
- Strong People management skills.
Desired Personal Attributes:
- Strong personal Integrity that must be attested by character witnesses
- Proactive self-starter & tenacity
- Ability to work with all levels of management, build partnerships and teams
- Highly organized and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Job Title” as subject of the email.
Application Deadline 8th April, 2020.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.