The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
Job ID: 13-11033
Group/Office: PDG (Program Delivery Group)
Dept / Unit: PDGGEN – Program Delivery Group
Project / Program: A559 – Nigeria GF Malaria
Reports to: Senior Technical Manager, M&E
- The objective of the M&E Specialist position is to provide technical leadership at the state level.
- The position of State-based M&E Specialist will oversee all M&E activities for the program within the designated state and strengthening the facility records and data collection officers, ensuring quality and timeliness of data collection and reporting.
- S/he will provide technical oversight and guidance to strengthen state-level M&E systems, ensuring proper orientation, mentoring and quality supervision to state M&E staff and M&E units in the State Ministry of Health, Hospital Management Board and State Malaria Elimination Program.
- Spearhead the roll-out of Global Fund Malaria M&E plan in line with Global Fund and national reporting requirements.
- Member of the State Project Management Team that is responsible for overall project performance
- Take lead in building the capacity of LGA and State M&E officers at SMoH, HMB, SMEP, health units’ M&E staff and relevant health and community workers in collection, summarization, analysis and presentation of M&E data.
- Manage the roll-out of the project M&E data quality assurance system including quarterly data quality audits.
- Coordinate regular data quality assessments, undertaken in a participatory manner, with facility staff and ensure the completeness, consistency and validity of routine data.
- Ensure that the quality of program/project Monitoring and Enhanced Evaluation in the sites is of international standard and quality by supporting the development and implementation of appropriate mechanisms to ensure quality.
- Participate in project assessments, evaluations and design teams.
- Assist the Senior M&E manager to coordinate the establishment/strengthening of one state M&E system that informs policy and practice.
- Provide technical input in the development of an integrated State GF Malaria project plan in collaboration with the country M&E lead and State M&E specialists.
- Take lead in the implementation of GF Malaria state M&E plan and reporting formats for GF indicators and targets in collaboration with the State Team, Country technical lead and team.
- Establish system for flow of information from service-delivery points to the GF central database and ensure timely M&E technical support to all implementing health facilities.
- Ensure state-of-the art database management practice at the state.
- Analyze M&E data on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis and flag action areas to the project management.
- Work with GF Malaria management to document and publish best practices.
- Provide direct technical assistance and capacity building in the design and implementation of the program/project Monitoring and Enhanced Evaluation components of the activities in the communities served.
- Build capacity of local partners including LGA and State M&E officers at SMoH, HMB, SMEP, others in project monitoring and with program staff and local partners, used program/project monitoring data to modify existing programs and design new programs.
- Provide technical support in evaluation research (including sampling strategies, analysis and presentation of data) to the local research groups working on the Secure the Future project.
- Perform any other task to be assigned by your supervisor
Qualifications and Experience
- Postgraduate degree in Statistics, Epidemiology or related field with focus on monitoring and evaluation and/or Biostatistics
- Minimum of 3 years hand-on monitoring & evaluation experience with international donor/NGO
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in developing monitoring plans and/or management information systems 3 years of which spent working with NGOs in an African setting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and fluency in English
- Excellent organizational skills
- Supervision: Works independently and reports to the Senior Technical Manager, M&E
- Decision Making: Working within project strategy and policy guidelines, makes decisions with regards to work responsibilities and is accountable for them
- Responsibility over data or information: Has access to information within project, and is responsible for program data generation and management
- Responsibility over assets: Overall responsibility of assigned assets in the program.
- Ability to work independently
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in Malaria programs in Nigeria would be preferred
- Familiarity with Global Fund reporting systems highly desirable
- Good analytical, presentation and reporting skills
- Excellent inter-personal, multi-cultural and team building skills
- Strong computer skills particularly in spreadsheets, database and statistical applications (DHIS2, Microsoft Excel, SPSS, Tableau and Microsoft Power BI for data analysis, modeling, shaping and visualization)
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to foresee problems and initiate appropriate action
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 15th April, 2020.