eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings and uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Portfolio Coordinator
Purpose Of The Position
- The Portfolio Coordinator works hand in hand with eHA’s Project Quality Assurance, M&E, Project Delivery, Communications and New Business Development teams to ensure full compliance with PRINCE2 based processes and all required contractual and reporting (internal and external) deliverables across eHA’s programs (see above).
- In doing so, the Portfolio Coordinator takes responsibility for all project kick-offs and close-outs, for monthly and quarterly portfolio performance analyses and reviews has a central role in risk mitigation throughout the project lifecycle and is a key resource for all related metrics to project teams, mid-, senior, and executive management.
What you’ll do
- To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform the below tasks and activities satisfactorily and with minimal supervision. Other tasks may be assigned as needed.
- Manage and continuously improve eHA’s central relationship management database for business development and strategic external communications
- Track all externally required financial and technical reporting milestones against contractual deadlines, follow up with project teams as required, and escalate issues to management as needed
- Develop and manage a central eHA Customer Feedback & Satisfaction Survey across programs and departments
- Suggest, develop, coordinate, and provide role-related internal capacity building activities as required; develop accompanying training materials and online learning resources to support them
- Coordinate, prepare, chair, document and follow up on all project kick-off meetings
- Coordinate, prepare, chair, document and follow up on all project close-out meetings
- Develop a suitable template and process for monthly portfolio snapshot reports on over-/underspend, contractual deliverables/milestones, and programmatic impact; this task includes but is not limited to data collection across departments and data analysis and visualization for effective management decision-making )
- Coordinate, prepare, chair, document, and follow up on eHA’s Quarterly Portfolio Review Meetings for targeted performance retrospectives and strategic management decision making; this includes taking an analytical look at successes, challenges, lessons learned, risks, and opportunities across the organization’s portfolio and effectively presenting related findings
Who you are
The list below represents the required or strongly preferred education, training, professional experience and skills we are looking for in the person who will fill this role:
- College or university degree in Business Administration, Statistics, Finance, Economics,, Social Sciences or a related field. A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Any standard project management certification will be considered a strong asset with preference given to PRINCE2 and agile methods such as CSM. Any direct portfolio management-related certification will be considered a very strong asset.
- Demonstrated high proficiency in Excel and experience working with at least one other statistics or data analysis software (e.g. Tableau, SPSS, SAS, MATLAB). Advanced knowledge of standard office software is expected.
- Strong communication skills, including in writing to internal and external audiences at all levels of seniority (during the recruitment process, we may ask you to kindly provide us with a writing sample).
- Experience with onboarding, training or mentoring more junior colleagues or colleagues from other functional or technical teams. Direct team management experience will be considered an asset.
- Willingness to travel to remote, sometimes insecure environments if required for successful project delivery.
- Minimum 4 years of work experience with demonstrated results in the following areas: Portfolio management, project quality assurance, program management, grants and/or contracts management, client relationship management, and data and/or business analysis.
- A combination of work experience in both the for-profit and non-profit sectors will be considered a plus along with familiarity with financial and technical reporting guidelines of key international development stakeholders such as USAID, CDC, EU, BMGF, WHO, UN, etc.
We hire people, not CVs. For eHA to be a match for you, you should:
- Be comfortable with fast-paced, dynamic work environments that require multitasking, attention to detail, clear communication, teamwork, and dedication to impact and quality.
- Be a self-starter with no need for micromanagement, prepared to ask questions, anticipate challenges, and proactively propose solutions.
- Be excited about working with a diverse, international team, both in-person and remotely.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply