Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, Rwanda and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: QA Software Engineer
Locations: Accra – Ghana, Cairo – Egypt, Kampala – Uganda, Kigali – Rwanda, Lagos – Nigeria, Nairobi – Kenya
Where You’ll Work
- Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software engineers.
- Based in NYC, SF, Kigali, Cairo, Lagos, Nairobi, Accra and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
What You’ll Do
- Andela QA Engineers take personal responsibility for Andela’s ability to deliver value to our partners.
- Use your knowledge in QA to delight our partners around the world.
- Be responsible for the coding standards, conduct and deliverables of your fast-paced, distributed, teams, by proactively communicating and prioritizing effectively.
- Act as a role model even in the most difficult and challenging situations, using constructive feedback, mentorship, and universal respect.
- Andela Engineers are masters of consistent execution. They reliably deliver technical and professional value to our teams and our partners.
- Designing and creating detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Designing and performing manual and automated tests, as required
- Analyzing specifications, business use cases, and critical metrics to understand system/user/revenue impact, devise criticality of issues, and suggest mitigation solutions
- Analyzing, document, and communicate defects, providing detailed replications, recommended approach, and expected impact
- Partnering and collaborating with cross-functional team members, including Product Management, Engineering, and Design, to estimate work, contribute to delivery, and maintain team standards and expectations.
- Actively participating in scoping, planning, delivery, and release activities
- Utilizing required third party issue tracking systems, as required, to develop acceptance requirements, manage tests and issues, and report on progress and risks
- Using third party-tooling to build test cases (ex: Selenium), analyze performance metrics, simulate load/stress on environments, and progress code
What makes you a great fit for this role:
- 3+ years of professional experience in Quality Assurance or Software Test Engineering
- 2+ years of experience in automating functional test cases
- Hands-on coding experience, utilizing relevant testing frameworks
- Experience with Appium, Selenium WebDriver, Postman, IDE’s or other common testing tools
- Strong experience with ticket tracking, release management, and development tools
- Familiarity with at least one cloud hosting platform –(ex: AWS, GCP)
- Comfort with agile methodologies and experience in estimation and time management
- Experience with containerized infrastructure, such as Docker
- Understanding of programming concepts such as structured code, object-oriented and multi-tiered development experience, and design patterns
- A Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Computer Science, or related field.
- Excellent ability to problem-solve, debug, and understand pertinent performance metrics
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Ability to perform full integration, end-to-end, load, and user acceptance testing
- Proven data analysis, data verification, and problem-solving abilities
- Hands-on automation design and scripting experience
- Experience working with Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) Pipelines
What You’ll Get
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds inside and outside of your field
- A chance to change the world for the better.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.