GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), one of the world’s leading research based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. GSK employs over 97,000 employees in over 100 countries worldwide.
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Nigeria Plc is one of Africa’s largest consumer healthcare companies, producing leading brands such as Lucozade, Ribena and Panadol.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Medical Advisor
Job ref.: 249556
Job type: Full-time
- In partnership with commercial organization, drives development and implementation of the country strategic business plan.
- Leverages internal GSK and external expertise to deliver value to HCPs, academics, opinion leaders and other stakeholders on GSK focused disease and therapy areas.
- Work with the Medical Director and assume assigned responsibilities of supporting Scientific Engagements with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), Healthcare Practitioners (HCPs), Professional Associations, Decision makers and other relevant key stakeholders on GSK therapy/disease areas.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- To act as the scientific expert in GSK disease / therapy areas in the region of coverage, providing relevant scientific training and communicating scientific data to HCPs and other team members in the LOC.
- To develop and maintain a strategic network of KOLs to facilitate peer-to-peer 1 to 1 and 1 to many interactions and gain an in-depth knowledge of customer requirements and provide better understanding of GSK focused disease/therapy areas.
- Provide strategic medical/scientific input to commercial activities and work cohesively cross functionally with the commercial organisation and all others to ensure business goals are met.
- Understands the local patient population demography, dynamics, and healthcare needs and uses this knowledge to inform strategy development. Involved in scientific exchange of data and information related to clinical research, disease state knowledge and therapeutic trends with all HCPs in assigned region.
- Lead advocacy to HCOs and HCPs and conduct Continuing Medical Educational activities for HCPs/HCOs in the region.
- Serve as a disease state/therapy resource for the region, conduct training and provide support for MR on disease and therapy areas and communicate information obtained from field interactions to internal staff.
- Submit weekly and monthly report for review Processing and fulfilment of medical information enquiries received from HCPs and members of the public
- Provide oversight for any GSK supported/sponsored research in the region of operation.
- Responsible for medical strategies and tactics within the region, leads development and execution of the brand plan within the region by leveraging on effective input and partnership from the commercial organisation and other stakeholders within the region.
- Ensures strong local medical governance activities and that all activities undertaken are within the bounds of GSK local and/or international ethical standards within the region.
- Represent the company via presentations to individuals/group experts (HCPs), societies, professional bodies at national and international meetings, topics may vary from purely scientific to GSK product-focused talks.
- Develop productive relationships with thought leaders in the medical community and in the group practice setting.
- M.B.B.S , MBCHB or equivalent
- Post graduate qualification( National / West African Post graduate Medical College)
- Willingness to travel extensively within Nigeria
- Research/clinical experience in relevant therapy areas
- Pharmaceutical Healthcare industry experience
- Excellent stakeholder management and presentation skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply