Education Development Center (EDC) is one of the World’s leading Nonprofit Research and development firms. EDC designs, implements and evaluates programs to improve education, health, and economic opportunity worldwide.Collaborating with both public and private partners, we strive for a world where all people are empowered to live healthy, productive lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist – Nigeria NEI Plus
- The USAID / Nigeria’s Northern Education Initiative Plus project (NEI+), being implemented by Creative Associates and EDC, works to improve the quality of and access to education in Nigeria’s Northern states.
- The Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist is responsible for establishing and management of all activities related to tracking the progress of the program results, indicators and targets. This position will ensure that performance monitoring, action research and evaluations meet all program requirements and will track progress of program activities. He/she is responsible for the overall design and implementation of a monitoring and evaluation systems capable of tracking the project’s progress against identified targets and determining its outcomes. In this capacity, the Senior M&E Specialist will design data collection procedures, tools, and process as well as oversee data collection efforts. This position is based in Abuja, Nigeria.
- Has overall responsibility for leading and managing all major M&E tasks related to the project. This includes strategizing and conceiving monitoring and evaluations, setting ongoing priorities; leading implementation, and reviewing technical progress of M&E component.
- Implements monitoring and evaluation process including data analysis and reporting.
- Routinely analyzes implementation data and proposing performance targets to project leadership per USAID indicator to ensure progress is achieved.
- Ensures correct compilation of data and database management.
- Overall management and oversight of M&E agents. This includes conducting regular meetings with M&E Field Officers to improve M&E system and reinforcing capacities of M&E agents.
- Participates in data analysis for quarterly and annual reports and drafting data analysis sections. Prepares presentations of data for specific audiences as needed
- Conceives of, organizes and conducts research as needed on identified topics in support of program objectives.
- Ensures that the methodologies proposed to measure the programs impact on access, retention, reading and learning outcomes, school safety, community engagement, gender, disability-inclusive, and conflict sensitive measures, are consistent and systematically tracked and reported.
- Creates and updates a comprehensive M&E plan to ensure all requisite data is collected in a timely manner in order to report progress toward performance indicators. This includes routine (monthly/quarterly) appraisal of performance against targets, challenges to achievement as well as reasons for success.
- Creates a comprehensive data collection plan, including generation of forms, collection procedures, collection schedule and rapid appraisal of data (timely data monitoring).
- The candidate must have a Master’s Degree in the Social Sciences or related field.
Skills and Experience:
- Candidates for this position must have at least eight years designing, monitoring and evaluating programs.
- Experience working with USAID education programs is preferred.
- Candidates must demonstrate success and experience in monitoring results and indicators of education quality, learning outcomes, access, retention and community engagement.
- The candidate must be professionally proficient and fluent in written and spoken English. It is preferred, but not required, that the candidate be conversant and fluent in written and spoken Hausa (FS 2+).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Only candidates who are invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please
Application Deadline 30th April, 2020.