Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Limited (SCANL) is a leading management consulting firm focused on the agricultural and nutrition sectors in Africa. We partner with government agencies, private sector companies and leading international development organizations to conduct research, analyze policies, develop strategies and implement programs that promote sustainable food security and improved nutrition. We have worked on a variety of projects across West Africa, including in Benin, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Mali, Nigeria, and Senegal.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Admin / Human Resources Manager
- The Admin/ HR Manager position is for experienced practitioners with the ability to carry out and perform; employee relations, recruitment, performance management system, leave management, facility management, policy, administrative insurance, training, filing and documentation functions.
- He / she will have the opportunity to advise on current labor law acts applicable to Sahel and manage the administrative duties related to workforce from entry to exit.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain internal controls to ensure compliance with human resources policies and procedures.
- Develop and recommend operational processes by updating and designing procedures / policies that will improve performance and efficiency in Admin/ HR tasks.
- Liaise with HMO, insurance and pensions administrators to ensure staff are registered and enrolled when required.
- Source internally and externally for best talents to fit into vacant positions, screen CVs, conduct interviews and assessments, carry out due diligence and advise appropriately on selected candidates, coordinate on-boarding of new hires.
- Revise and amend employee manual as the need arises.
- Update Sahel Consulting’s team lists, administrative data, buddy peering lists, WhatsApp group, email groups and advise on workforce exit and entry on a monthly basis.
- Design and present cost-benefit analysis when relating with service providers and recommend appropriately before presenting to management.
- Manage the smooth functioning of the office support systems in the most cost-effective manner.
- Conduct weekly support team meetings to address issues and orient auxiliary staff on their duties.
- Periodically circulate relevant notifications regarding weekly knowledge sharing sessions, health and safety precautions, schedules, events and policy amendment.
- Review, update and advise on preventive maintenance schedule with the support team for effective management of facilities.
- Coordination of learning and development programmes for staff including the knowledge sharing and management trainings.
- Manage facilities’ infrastructure including assets, the office environment and administrative staff.
- Assist management in other areas related to ensuring the success of Sahel Consulting.
Minimum Required Skills & Experience
- B.Sc. in Business related discipline
- 5 – 7 years of related Human Resources and Administrative experience
- Strong analytical and data analysis skills
- Must be proficient in MS Office software -Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (both written and verbal), interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Preference is for candidates who have worked as Admin/HR Manager in a consulting firm or Legal firm.
- Certification in CIPM, SPHRi / SHRM and other credible HR certifications is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Nigerian Labor Act.
- Ability to work within and lead a team
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job title” as subject of the email.
Note: Only candidates who live in Abuja will be shortlisted
Application Deadline Open till Filled.