Hamilton Lloyd and Associates is a young and innovative boutique human resources firm, which is focused on offering personalized services to organizations across a diverse range of sectors. The Hamilton Lloyd process involves a deep understanding of the client’s organizational culture, strategic objectives and needs to ensure that a tailor-made solution is proffered.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Automotive Workshop Supervisor
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Have total responsibility for Mechanical and Body shop detailing and quality delivery.
- Be responsible for job allocation and job flow in the workshop including job scheduling and labour allocation for day to day operations.
- Co-ordinate resources, (operational and human) schedules and activities to effectively manage the Workshop.
- Act as a technical expert in the workshop advising staff on the tasks that needs to be accomplished.
- Control workshop tools and accessories inventory as well as keeping up to date with new technology tools that could be purchased by the company.
- Ensure workshop staff wear protective clothing (PPEs) at all times while in the workshop floor including all non-workshop/technical staff.
- Organize all customer rescue missions ensuring all resources and authorization required is acquired within the shortest time possible.
- Ensure properly documented job cards with clear instructions are opened for every repair/service/rescue job to be undertaken by the workshop staff and that all required information on each job card is properly maintained.
- Ensure that all vehicles are serviced in accordance with the company’s service standards and that pro-active planned maintenance is carried out continuously.
- Record observations and findings during diagnostics run and decide on the correct method of repair, as necessary.
- Ensure all vehicles are serviced in accordance with the company’s standards & that pro-active planned maintenance is carried out continuously.
- Ensure operational safety and compliance with environmental laws and regulations.
- Delegate daily duties and supervise all work being carried out by the workshop staff.
- Ensure vehicles are mechanically sound and available for test before delivery to customer.
- Act as a technical expert in the Workshop, advising staff on tasks and sharing knowledge, for example through regular toolbox talks.
- In-still and maintain a strong health and safety culture amongst the Workshop team with a good understanding of risk assessments.
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (Automotive Option) / Grade Test 1. Degree will be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in computer packages e.g. Word, Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build strong rapport with others.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- At least 3-5 years relevant experience in motor vehicle service/mainstream motor dealer.
- Must have previously held a supervisory role.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 29th May, 2020.