Venture Garden Nigeria (VGN) is a fast-growing B2B/B2G Fintech Platform Holdco Company with six subsidiaries, two platform entities and a suite of shared services offered to all subsidiaries. At VGN we wage war against the average, go beyond the ordinary to explore limitless opportunities; breaking the norms and aggressively pursuing success through- Relentless Hard-work, Pursuit of excellence, calculated risk-taking and a hunger for knowledge and we have a lot of fun at it!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Analyst
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Job type: Full-time
- Metrics: Define and evaluate key business metrics and understand what moves them and why.
- Data Modelling: Design well-structured tables that are at the correct grain, format, and structured for widespread use (e.g. using Kimball modeling and data normalization techniques).
- Visualization: Use Looker to design actionable and insightful reporting.
- Master Data: Managing master data, including creation, updates, and deletion. Including Commissioning and decommissioning of data sets.
- Reporting: Helping develop reports and analysis. Managing and designing the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata. Generating reports from single or multiple systems.
- Technical Contribution: Providing technical expertise in data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing.
- Insight and analysis: Support the marketing team to generate forecasts, realistic commercial targets, and opportunity analysis.
- Analytical education: Hold training sessions and more to evangelize Power BI, R, or Python and data analysis best practices throughout the company.
- Software Engineering Mindset: Automate tasks and work to deploy production standard code (with unit testing, continuous integration, versioning, clean code, DRY principles, etc.).
- Business insight: Understand complex business processes and break down fuzzy requirements into actionable segments.
- Stakeholder Management: Demonstrate maturity in the management of executive stakeholders and clients, always exceeding expectations set for continuous improvement.
- Multi-tasking: Prioritize workloads to balance conflicting priorities in order to ensure that all given deadlines are achieved to a high standard.
- Discipline, drive, depth understanding of a sector: Requires quick assimilation of the sectors/industries within the Company’s portfolio
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Partner with Program / Product Managers, Engineers and Business Functions to provide valuable insights and success measurement
- Technical Documentation: Proven quality of technical documentation, where required, showing attention to details and clarity with a maximum of 2 reviews. With almost zero iteration required.
- BSc Certificate holder, Certification in a Business, Science, Mathematical or Technology related course
- 3-5 years’ work experience in a similar/relevant role from a reputable organization (Experience in Business Intelligence or Data Analyst roles is an advantage).
- An understanding of the role of a Business / Data Analyst in a Technology product and service company.
- Drives significant insight from information gathered on the VGG sector happenings and market trends.
- Above-average level proficiency in the use of basic Microsoft office application/tools (MS Office, Visio, Smart draw, prototyping tools)
- Coding (SQL primarily + Python and/or R), intermediate level
- Experience with relational databases, ETL and data acquisition
- Experience with manipulating flat files from Python
- Experience with data analytics: EDA, sampling, visualization, data cleaning/wrangling
- Experience with data warehousing and reporting tools
- Young, passionate and available to put in the long hours.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership, inspirational and managerial skills
- Sound Judgment and on-your-feet decision-making ability
- Excellent relational skill
- Skilled at managing cross-functional teams in a matric organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Execution focused – “get it done or go home” attitude
- Should have a strong presence and aura of a business executive.
- Willing to get his hands dirty and write codes when required.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, with cost effective use of resources
- Discreet and respects confidentiality
- Integrity and high personal ethical standards
- Highly organized and efficient; able to multi- task effectively and prioritize work based on minimal direction and multiple competing priorities
- Can-do approach
- Working conditions: Flexibility is important.
- Equal opportunity: The role is open to anyone who meets the above criteria regardless of race or nationality
- Remuneration: Competitive based on experience
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply