Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Location: Monguno, Borno
Job type: Full Time
Level: Mid Level
Starting date: As Soon As Possible
Direct Line Manager: Finance Manager
Technical Supervisor: Finance Manager
Tasks and Responsibilities
Objective 1 – Manage the cash / bank and the accountancy of the base:
- Bank payments for vendors, enumerators and other daily workers
- Conduct weekly and end of month cash count for cashbox with the Finance Assistant.
- Ensure weekly e-filing is done by the Finance Assistants and send originals to Abuja via Maiduguri
- Manage advances, ensuring invoices are received and that they are consistent with the AAH’s procedures
- Prepare detail report for Finance Coordinator on outstanding / prepaid advances
- Prepare EFCC reports, WHT, and all other statutory requirements
- Maintain bankbook files of all financial transaction
- With the help of Finance Manager, monitor funds & ensure that there is a low balance towards end of the month
- Daily reconciliation of bankbook with bank balances
Objective 2 – Compliance with the purchase procedure:
- Verifying the accuracy of all financial documents before payment
- Disseminating information to vendors on transaction procedures of the base and ensuring that the procedures are respected
- Prepare Food Voucher Vendors clearance through REDROSE Platform and document same
- Send Food Voucher Vendors summary to Abuja for approval on the REDROSE before payment.
- Ensuring planned expenses are in line with allocated budget
- Ensuring that current BFU is always respected during requests for payments and postings
Objective 3 – Budget maintenance, Cash Forecast and Cash Flow:
- Restoring monthly consolidated accountancy to the SAGA
- Uploading excel books (bank, safe and cashbox) to the SAGA
- Perform monthly SAGA accountancy closure, ensuring the correctness of posing to account codes, budget lines, descriptions and split numbering are correct and accurate
- Clearing red entries during accountancy closure
- Sending SAGA provisional writing to Abuja for consolidation
Objective 4 – Team Management:
- Disseminating information on accounting procedures of the base and ensuring that the procedures are respected
- Attending to auditors in respect of activity, documentations and postings
- Training and supervising Finance Assistants in the base
- Perform 10 minutes monthly conversation, 3 months /end of probation performance appraisal and annual / end of contract appraisal for Finance Assistants
Internal & External Relationship
- Finance and Log team-exchange of information, collaboration and coordination.
- Interaction with suppliers, banking and financial institution, tax offices and other national authorities or institutions with which ACTION AGAINST HUNGER has working relationships for administrative and financial needs at the base level. Liaison and information exchange when required.
- B.Sc. Accounting, Bachelor level degree in Management, Finance, or related field; MBA or similar higher degree a plus
Skills and Experience
- 2+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: Administration, Finance.
- Able to manage stress effectively, juggle competing priorities, balance various programmatic, logistic and team needs
- Champion of ACF Charter values of Professionalism, Transparency, Neutrality, Access to Victims and Non-Discrimination
- Exceptional organization and planning skills, ability to manage and follow work plans
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication, able to negotiate, influence, give effective feedback, be a team player
- Previous ACF experience or previous INGO experience
- Experience with donor-funded programs
- Experience supervising others
Minimum Basic Salary
NGN 236,585 per month
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply
Application Deadline Wednesday; 3rd June, 2020.