Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families. Jhpiego is a recognized technical leader in reproductive, maternal and newborn health and workforce capacity-building development at global level and in Nigeria, where Jhpiego has led multiple reproductive maternal and newborn health programs for over two decades working closely with the Government of Nigeria, professional associations and other partners.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Finance Officer
- The Finance Officer is responsible for providing financial support to Jhpiego Nigeria Office and STAR project to ensure the smooth running of the office in Nigeria.
- This includes handling day to day financial operations of the Nigeria office, with particular emphasis on handling accounts payable, payments and compliance to Jhpiego and donor financial policies. Implements and maintains an on-site financial accounting and bookkeeping system required to assure the integrity and effective performance of Jhpiego’s financial operations.
- Post financial transactions into the accounting system on a daily basis.
- Examines financial documents such as invoices, vouchers, expense reports and other documents such as purchase orders to ensure the completeness, accuracy, reasonability and validity of financial data.
- Monitors and reconciles supplier statements on regular basis and ensures timely settlement of bills.
- Ensure that all taxes are deducted and remitted to appropriate authorities within the specified period
- Monitors and reconciles travel expenses and project expenses to individual advances on a regular basis.
- Codes, tracks, and processes vendor invoices, consultant invoices and travel advances for payments on a timely basis.
- Participate in preparation of monthly financial report, accruals and projections, and any other financial reports.
- Maintains, monitors, and disburses funds from the project bank account(s) accordance with Jhpiego’s financial policies and procedures as outlined in the Jhpiego Finance and Accounting policies manual for country offices, QuickBooks Manual, Banking Policy, Procurement Policy and any other policies.
- Ensures that accounting documents are filed on a timely basis, proper accounting records are maintained and compatible with standard accounting practice, JHU/Jhpiego and donor guidelines.
- Assume other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Accounting is required
- Knowledge of USAID regulations would be an added advantage.
- Previous experience with nonprofit organization will be an added advantage.
- MBA or professional qualification in accounting is added advantage
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant experience in finance or accounting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Computers skills including use of accounting packages
- Working knowledge of database applications, MS Word and Excel,
- Be of high integrity and have a sense of confidentiality
- Be willing to take on extra responsibilities in order to achieve the goals/objectives set by the organization
- Capability to develop and implement effective strategies and tactics for accomplishing assigned duties
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Be self-motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented and high degree of accuracy;
- Strong analytical skills and sound judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of staff and partners.
- Good oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate findings and analyses
- Be cooperative, hardworking, flexible & dependable.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV as One Single Word document to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Position” as the subject of the email and application.
- Applications should be sent not later than the above closing date. Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
- Please note that any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Application Deadline Thursday, 4th June, 2020.