Sunrose Consulting Limited – Our client’s hotel is a showcase of great art, a purveyor of privacy and a sanctuary of refined taste. Located in Lagos, it boasts of elegantly designed rooms, offering a boutique hotel experience of sophisticated style and quiet indulgence. Some of its facilities include a standard swimming pool, gym, restaurant and bar, and conference and banqueting facilities.
To consistently maintain top-class service delivery, the hotel is now seeking to recruit an experienced candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Hotel Operations Manager
- Reporting to the General Manager, you will be fully responsible for the overall management of the operation of the hotel.
- You will support and work with all Heads of Departments in all aspects of running the hotel.
- You will ensure the premises are in operative condition as per category of the unit to receive & serve the guests.
- In addition, you will conduct regular operations team meetings with all the HODs daily / weekly to discuss routine operational matters, sales targets, and actions taken for service recovery, and also any staff issues. Minutes of the meetings to be sent to the General Manager.
Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budgeting and monthly forecasting processes.
- Ensure SOP implementation in all departments and check the same during routine operational checks.
- Monitor the purchase / indent / requisitions of each department, the accounts receivable (collection from debtors) and the accounts payable (payable to the vendors / suppliers etc).
- Randomly inspect the stores (F & B / Kitchen) to check the stock in hand (quality, par stock levels, expiry etc) with the F & B Manager & Chef.
- Identify staff learning needs and assist with development.
- Provide timely and constructive feedback to all direct reports as and when required either formally or informally.
- Conduct weekly / Daily meeting with marketing people for enquiry & follow up & conversion to grow the business.
- Monitor and maintain operation & overhead costs in order to maintain maximum revenue to the organisation.
- Be available on call 24 hours a day to resolve any urgent problems on emergencies.
- Relate with Suppliers / Vendors for quality products involving Purchase Manager and providing performance assessment of vendors every quarter.
- Inspect all department with their respective Manager’s for cleanliness, ambience, service readiness, staff grooming & hospitality culture.
- Monitor the co-ordination between all departments for smooth & efficient operations.
- Assess and review customer satisfaction and service recovery process.
- Meet all departmental heads to review and train staff to upkeep the human capital.
- Degree-qualified, you must have a minimum of 8 years work experience in a 3 to 5 Star Hotel as a Deputy Manager, Assistant Operations Manager or Hotel Manager.
- Excellent revenue management skills with experience of budgets, P&L’s and forecasting are essential for this role.
- A good team player, you will work with colleagues to share skills, knowledge, resources and networks.
- You must be highly focused, with excellent communication skills, and be motivated and professional in appearance and presentation.
- You must have good computer skills.
- You must have an excellent level of commercial awareness, who can build and maintain relationships with internal and external guests.
- You will also be responsible for highlighting short/medium/long-term issues to the General Manger and to help formulate solutions.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job title” as subject of the email
Application Deadline 29th May, 2020.