RelianceHMO is a Y Combinator 2017 Winter Batch company backed by leading Silicon Valley Venture Capitalists that uses software, data science, and telemedicine to make health insurance delightful, affordable and easier to access. Leveraging effective product management and growth strategies, we have successfully positioned ourselves as a competitive player in the Nigerian Health Insurance Industry.
In addition to the quality of our services, we are extremely proud of our dynamic work environment where you can be whoever you want to be. We are a team of bubbly, hardworking individuals whose culture and core values allow us complement each other and collaborate towards common goals.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quality Assurance and Case Manager
Employment type: Full Time
Expected Start Date: Q2, 2020
- The ideal candidate will work with our Provider Relations, Customer Success, Claims and Underwriting teams and make sure that excellent and high quality service is provided to our clients across all provider networks while ensuring resolution of complicated claims and limiting fraud.
- You will have major responsibility for managing the relationship between the company, our providers, and our enrollees.
- You will facilitate the delivery of prompt services for clients as required on a case by case basis and maintain a healthy cost-quality balance as far as patient care is concerned.
- You will track waste, fraud, and/or error from initial point of access to care by enrollees to final claims filing by the Provider
- You’ll love this opportunity because…
- You’ll have a clear career path
- You’ll have a lot of independence in managing projects
- We have a vibrant and active culture
- Co-workers are a close-knit, intelligent, and motivated team
- Work with the Provider Team to ensure the minimum standards for quality are met before sign up.
- Inspect and evaluate hospitals to ensure compliance with basic standards.
- Carry out physical inspection at the assigned provider’s office using the checklist.
- Develop and implement survey tools for patient feedback and communicating data results to Providers to ensure continuous improvement.
- Visit patients in the hospital to ensure they are getting medically necessary care, quality care and that the care is being delivered as efficiently and economically as possible.
- Anticipates the patient’s future health care needs and tries to put in place mechanisms to meet those needs as efficiently as possible
- Ensure efficiency and cost effectiveness of medical services provided to clients
- Takes initiative to present ideas and suggestions to leadership
- Investigate complicated claims by checking the case folder and speaking to the Enrollee and the doctor.
- Escalate fraudulent cases to the Committee of Doctors.
- Update Providers’ dashboard, and implement resolutions.
- Recommend changes to improve the efficiencies in the systems and process of the Provider Relations as well as the Claims team.
- Recognize and fix areas of weakness in the system to limit potential for fraud
- Carry out regular hospital quality checks.
- Maintains knowledge and proficiency in medical practices through continuing education, staff meetings, and workshops.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Experience: Minimum 1-year experience in Clinical Practice or Quality assurance role
- Must be a Medical Doctor
- Strong ability to make judgment on medical/ surgical cases in relation to benefits listed on enrollee’s plan.
- Knowledge of, and sensitivity to, cultural and language differences.
- Must be able to work as a team member and develop productive and cooperative working relationships with all members of the RHMO team
- A demonstration of curiosity, love for learning, execution and speed.
- Ability to make a professional judgment on coverage and non-coverage of care requests per time, based on the enrollee’s benefits table.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Some Perks and Benefits
- Employee-friendly working conditions
- Generous health insurance package; including gym passes
- Modern, cosy and collaborative workspace
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 10th May, 2020.