Bridge International Academies is the world’s largest and fastest-growing chain of primary and pre-primary schools with more than 400 academies and 120,000 pupils in Kenya and Uganda. We democratize the right to succeed by giving families living in poverty access to the high-quality education that will allow their children to live a very different life.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supervisor, Quality Assurance
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Quality Assurance Department
- Quality Assurance (QA) is the monitoring and evaluation of our academy operations (facilities, materials & supplies, personnel and processes) against set Bridge standards and policies to ensure total compliance.
- QA ensures all our schools are compliant with procedural requirements through frequent school observation visits and audits of academy operations. This team collects and analyzes data to provide valuable insights into critical operational issues that need to be addressed to ensure a consistent service level standard is achieved across each school.
- As an organization that operates at scale, ensuring set Bridge standards are maintained across every single school is integral to success of our model
What You Will Do
- Create extensive audits – primarily in Survey-to-Go software, to be used by Quality Assurance team
- Conduct first level analyses of audits conducted by Quality Assurance team to identify key issues/trends to be resolved based on data gathered
- Oversee the Quality Assurance Associates to ensure all duties as assigned are carried out.
- Manage the Quality Assurance Associates route maps and budgets.
- Validate the work of Quality Assurance team on a regular basis. This requires constant field travel.
- Ensure all the issues reported to HQ by the Quality Assurance Associates are accurate.
- Create regular written summary and detailed reports of Quality Assurance audits, issues, resolutions and recommendations
- Create periodic presentations on Quality assurance activities to State Program director and other stakeholders as required
- Follow up with applicable Bridge managers in the affected functions to ensure resolution of identified issues in a timely manner
- Manage a field team of over 20 Quality Assurance Associates
What You Should Have:
- University degree in Business Administration or Management
- 5-7 years of professional work experience preferably working in the field or managing field teams
- 3-4 years in Supervisory and management roles
- Experience managing and working with remote or field-based employees
- Passionate about following processes and procedures, extremely data-driven with strong analytical skills
- Strong project management experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office, Internet.
- Experience in creating surveys using any of the available tools
- Solid geographic knowledge of assigned State necessary
- Willing to travel in all weather
- Experience collecting and analyzing large amounts of data in a systematic and organized fashion
- Solid problem-solving capability; must be proactive in solving both major and minor issues that arise
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and able to manage multiple tasks within tight deadlines
- Positive can-do attitude; is able and willing to take on any challenge
- Demonstrated capacity to plan, prioritize and deliver tasks on time to meet goals in a high-pressure environment
- Proactive – You don’t always need supervision and you are a self-starter. Your personal drive to succeed and deliver keeps you working when you may not have a supervisor with you.
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A customer advocate- Our customers – these families living on less than $2 a day per person – never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their customer benefit, experience, and value.
- A malleable learner -You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A networking mastermind – You excel at meeting new people and turning them into advocates. You communicate in a clear, conscientious, and effective way in both written and oral speech. You can influence strangers in the course of a single conversation. Allies and colleagues will go to bat for your ideas.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in volatile, low-resource communities and runs on fees averaging around $7 a month per pupil. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply