Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below and its open to all residents of Nigeria:
Job Title: Radio Operator
Contract Period: Indefinite
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Operating the HF and VHF radios, avoiding using any sensitive or security related information and following the MSF security rules.
- Ensures radio frequencies’ (HF and VHF) quality and transmission capacity. Installs and programs frequencies in all type of radios when necessary Ensuring that messages are well copied/passed to all people concerned and records the messages on the radio log book.
- Responding to radio contacts from other approved organizations and forwarding it on the information via this channel. Making radio contacts with reference bases (capital and/or field) according to communication rules / schedules and forwards all information concerning the security of the teams to the Project/Capital Coordinator.
- Maintaining the equipment, communications room and premises in clean and tidy conditions. Maintaining and supervising HF VHF batteries status in good maintenance conditionInstalls, programs and manage all MSF Belgium Telecom/Radio equipment (HF, VHF, modems, antennas, cabling, power systems, inverters, batteries and repeaters) respecting with internal standards and procedures.
- Providing basic radio training when necessary to MSF staff
- Monitoring and registering any movement, of people, vehicles, helicopters, airplanes and cargo, (departure, arrival, number of passengers, route taken, standard contact points) and informs line manager of any delays. Supervising and monitoring the VHF radio allocation book (handsets) and registering the loan of handsets to all staff, following it up on a regular basis.
- Installing, operating and performing preventive maintenance checks on assigned equipment, checking that the equipment is working properly and immediately informing the line manager of any damage/loss/theft.
- Education: Diploma in ICT or Electrical Electronic, additional vocational training in electronics, will be an asset.
- Experience: Experience in communications/Radio operations within NGO’s or similar function preferably with an international organization.
- Good knowledge of radio (HF & VHF) technology and satellite communication
- Excellent knowledge of the geographically assigned environment
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application including Cover Letter, Resume and copy of relevant degrees, certificates and NYSC certificate/exemption as follow: firstname.lastname@example.org (SoftCopy)
Send Hard Copy to:
No 14 Tennessee Crescent,
Maitama – Abuja.
- Please include the title of the position in the subject line of the email.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer; both men and women are encouraged to apply.
- Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interview; MSF Belgium takes this opportunity to thank all potential candidates for their application
Application Deadline 13th May, 2020.