Solidarites International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 38 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs – water, food and shelter. Currently present in Nigeria since 2016, SI carries out emergency / post-emergency programs in WASH sector in North East region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cook
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Description of the Position
- The cook is responsible for preparing meals on request for Solidarités International expatriate staff, in accordance with the rules of hygiene.
- He/she is also responsible for purchasing the food and equipment necessary for this work, and the maintenance of his/her workspace.
- Keep the kitchen, cooking utensils and refrigerator clean. Disinfect the refrigerator regularly.
- Inform his/her line manager of any cooking equipment required and of any missing or damaged materials
- Prepare and clean the dining area before and after meals
- Manage food and commodity stocks for expatriate accommodation
- Prepare meals according to the fixed number of people and definite planning, checking that the food is healthy and the menus varied
- Respect the essential hygiene regulations and maintain exemplary conditions of hygiene in the kitchen and storage areas
- Monitor the provision of filtered water to living and working areas, ensuring that water filters are disinfected regularly
- Wash plates, dishes, cutlery
- Buy the produce required for meal preparation, within the fixed budget
- Keep a log recording all expenditure and regularly settle advances relating to the purchase of food
- Evaluate fuel needs and monitor fuel consumption
- Studies: Any Degree in Food & Nutrition/Technology, Hospitality Management, or any relevant field
- Experience: Minimum of 1 year of similar experience
- Languages: English (Hausa – Added Advantage)
- Skills: Ability to cook various meals (African & European)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject of email must be “Cook Maiduguri”
- The CV attached must be saved with your name and surname only
- As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the final date
Application Deadline 28th June, 2020.