CARE International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Food Distribution (GFD) Officer
Location: Gwoza, Borno
Position Type: Fixed Term
Supervisor: FSN Assistant Project Manager
- The Food Distribution Officer will be responsible of supervising, reporting, planning and organizing the processes of food distribution in the assigned LGAs
Responsibilities and Tasks
Job Responsibility 1:
- Supervision and Management of Direct Report:
- Assist the Assistant Program Manager to manage, train and develop the Distribution Agents and Distribution Assistants
- Identify direct reports capacity development needs and in consultation with the Assistant Project Manager
- Guide direct reports prepare performance plans and appraise them in consultation with Assistant Project Manager and HR staff.
- % of Time: 15%
Job Responsibility #2:
- Participate with Officers in developing action plans of food distribution and introduce proper alternatives and adjustments of processes in accordance with minimum requirements for food distribution.
- Train, assign, supervise, and evaluate the work of subordinate staff.
- Review, prepare, and submit daily reports as supplies and food delivered.
- Manage crowd and ensure proper alignment of beneficiaries especially women and those of special needs
- Ensure the existence of food distribution equipment’s
- Ensure food items are stored in good conditions.
- Supervise the daily flow of food commodities to programme participants.
- Supervise the maintaining of sanitary and orderly warehouse and storage facilities.
- Ensure that all equipment, food, and supplies are available for the assigned period/daily operation/s on the FDP Warehouse.
- Perform other duties as requested by Officers.
% of Time: 60%
Job Responsibility #3:
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Sector Manager or her/his designate
% of Time: 5%
Problem Solving (Thinking Environment)
There are three levels of problem-solving:
- What has to be done and how to do it are clearly defined, and the incumbent will face identical or similar problems on a regular basis;
- What has to be done is known, but how to do it is not defined. The incumbent must use interpolative skills to pick and choose the right strategy to address a given problem; and
- Why things are done is known, but what has to be done and how to do it are not defined.
- Situations are variable and the incumbent’s response will involve analysis, problem definition, development of alternatives, and making recommendations. She will face and address problems that are typically non-recurring.
- University degree in related field.
- Minimum 2 year of work experience.
- Previous experience in food distribution Officer field is preferable.
- Ability to write reports.
- Able to work outside of regular working hours as required, including evenings and weekends if required.
- Patience, good personal organization, good communication and ability to work in teams, seriously, rigorously and personal accountability.
- Initiative, flexibility and willing to learn.
- Required: Minimum of 2 years’ experience
- Required: Fluency in English and Hausa.
- Desired: Fluency in Kanuri, Shuwa and other local languages.
- Strong level of autonomy to provide independent follow through on processing issues and concerns
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong customer service focus and ability to work well with people from various backgrounds and cultures at all levels in organization.
- Detailed and focused
- Strong team player
- Strong problem solving, analytical, operational, and coordinating abilities
- Is the incumbent the PRIME (takes full and total responsibility); Contributory (provides support and contributes to the overall success); or ANCILLARY (provides support but contributes indirectly to the overall success.
- General Accountability: What types of decisions can the jobholder make without prior approval? Are they Prime, Shared, Contributory or Ancillary to decisions made?
- Shared: Does this position have complete autonomy in determining staffing of area of responsibility? – NO
- Impact: What is the impact of financial decisions on the organization, department or work unit? Magnitude: What is the size and importance of the area affected by the job – non-quantifiable, small, medium, or large?
- Accountable for the quality, accuracy and reliability of the Administrative system and respect of procedures.
- Accountable for the quality, accuracy and reliability of the accounting books.
- Internal: HR &, Administrative staff, Finance Staff, Sub-office Team, Project and Program team and Sector Managers, SMT.
- External: Vendors and service providers, Program participants, Donor and Partners
- 100% in the Field.
- By submitting your Application for this position you agreed to CARE’s ZERO Tolerance to:
- Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, Abuse and Child Abuse.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications and detailed CV as a single document indicating clearly in the subject line of the email the position being applied for and the location in Caps (THE JOB TITLE AND LOCATION; FSNL PROJECT MANAGER, Yobe) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Save your Application and CV with your name before attaching it.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CARE considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to race, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, color, national origin, marital status, or veteran status. CARE strongly encourage qualified women to apply.
- There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Please note that CARE will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process
Application Deadline 4th July, 2020.