Laurag Energy Services Limited (LESL) is an indigenous company operating in the upstream sector of the Nigerian oil and gas industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Tendering and Business Development Engineer
- Interfacing with national and international clients, you will be responsible for the proposal and tender of often complex high-value engineering projects
- An experienced engineer with good commercial and project management skills, you will need to understand, interpret and respond to complex technical specifications and documentation.
- You will coordinate all aspects of the bid preparation process; prepare and complete Commercial and Technical proposals/ bids/ estimations/ quotations based on customer specification or customer requirements/budget in order to achieve both market competitiveness as well as the best margins and overall growth for the Company.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure all required information is provided prior to the commencement of the tender process
- Provide detailed cost estimates for tender submissions, liaise with suppliers in requesting quotations
- Prepare and produce tender and full proposal documentation on qualified bids ensuring bid compliance and in a timely manner and with the appropriate level of detail, including full and accurate costs.
- Liaise with product suppliers for technical information and competitive pricing
- Attend bid clarifications and handover meetings, taking responsibility
- Identify potential technical risks in the bids, quotations and estimates, and in
- any related contract agreements across customers/channels.
- Ensure that tenders meet company commercial guidelines and have the necessary sign off in accordance with the delegation of authority guidelines.
- Study & Review Tender Specifications, Drawings, Data & Commercial/Contractual Terms & Conditions and prepare Pre-bid queries and attend pre-bid meetings where necessary.
- In agreement with management and sales, prioritize bids giving the highest return on hours invested
- Introduce more efficient and new methods of tendering
Qualifications and Experience
- B.Sc in Mechanical Engineering or Similar.
- Experience dealing with complex tenders.
- A professional estimator in tender bid submission
- Experienced in scoping and putting together large engineering projects
- Ability to deliver accurate high-quality work to tight deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple enquiries and proposals.
- Candidate must have 3 – 5 years experience
- Experience in contract negotiations in a commercial environment.
- General MS Office Program skills.
- Knowledge on Primavera P6 or MS Project.
- Knowledge on Autocad.
Competencies and Skills:
- Excellent communication skills
- Good understanding
- 3D (Computer-Aided Design) CAD
- Attention to detail.
- Good grammar and technical report writing skills.
- Understand Diagrams, Drafts, Flow-Charts, and Other Information and
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change.
- Analytical Thinking
- Assemble Project Deliverables
- Communication & organisational skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a copy of their Cover Letter and CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 30th June, 2020.