The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounting Assistant
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
- Handle cheques and local payments;
- Relieve the treasury officer and senior cashier when on leave;
- Initiate local fund transfer, respond to queries on local transfer and payments;
- Reconcile local creditors/suppliers account;
- Reconcile Account Payable Accrual-Employee Account (Local) and Stale Dated Cheque Accounts;
- Respond to queries on fund transfer and payment;
- Reconcile statement of account of suppliers and key transactions into Oracle;
- Reconcile statement of account from IITA-Limited and assist the Finance Manager in Bank reconciliation.
- Perform any their duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Supervisor.
- BSc / HND in Accounting / Banking and Finance major or skill level (former ICAN PEII), with three (3) years’ experience performing same role especially in a related working environment.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have strong analytical mind, very good with computer application especially Oracle Apps.
- Have very pleasant personality, good team player and be honest.
- Have good command of English both written and oral.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working
conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover Letter
and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The
application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees
which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional
colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce.
- While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 22nd July, 2020.