RTI International is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 5,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and multidisciplinary services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Engineer (Construction) Consultant
E-WASH is a four (4) year program funded by the US Agency for International Development (USAID), with the goal of improving urban water service delivery by strengthening the governance, financial, and technical viability of five (5) State Water Boards (SWBs) in Nigeria. This is part of the United States Government’s (USG) efforts toward working with the Federal Government of Nigeria to address some of the key challenges faced by the urban Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) services. USAID E-WASH will work toward achieving the following mutually reinforcing objectives:
- Creating professionally managed and commercially oriented SWBs.
- Improving the financial and operational viability of SWBs.
- The E-WASH program will concentrate on solidifying State, municipal, and utility level governance gains, manifested in improved water supply services, and improved capacity to regulate, manage, and expand sanitation services.
- As part of the continued implementation, E-WASH is recruiting an Assistant Engineer (Construction) to provide related support services to the Utility Technical Advisor (UTA) in the implementation and monitoring of the Construction exercise geared towards improvement of water service delivery in the five SWBs.
- Strengthening policy, institutional and regulatory frameworks for improved WASH services (including establishing accountability mechanisms).
- Building national and state WASH advocacy, coordination, and communications for reform.
- The Consultant will be involved in, and organize the construction implementing sites with and/or on behalf of the UTA and to interface with stakeholders on site before and during implementation.
Objectives of the Assignment
- The main objective of this position is to have the Consultant support the Utility Technical Advisor who is based in Abuja in the coordination and monitoring of the design and supervision of the construction works implementation against targets.
- The position will also support the UTA in interfacing as much as possible with the stakeholders on construction sites to provide needed technical back-up on sites and reporting in the office.
Scope of Work and Deliverables
The Assistant Engineer (Construction) with the supervision of the UTA, will be responsible for the following key tasks, and with close alignment with the USF Engineer, to include, but not be limited to:
- To write and review a range of technical reports.
- To support the development and implementation of construction plans and budgets, for the five SWBs, ensuring USAID and E-WASH project priorities are addressed and contract/budget compliance is achieved.
- To contribute to effective communication and collaboration between the Implementing Team and E-WASH to achieve the project goals.
- Partakes, as applicable, in contract tendering and management processes.
- Partakes, as applicable in monitoring, reviewing, and controlling project costs.
- To support the timely implementation of construction plan and budgets as proposed.
- Monitor and support the implementation of construction plan and budgets, support reviews of progress and the formation of and implementation of plans.
- Support the tracking and reviewing of construction M&E plan and the reaching of desired deliverables.
Level of Effort (LoE)
- The Level of Effort (LOE) is 45 days.
- The proposed performance period for this assignment is July to October 2020
NB: Engagement days may not run concurrently
Qualifications and Experience
If you meet the following minimum qualifications and experience, then do kindly apply:
- A minimum of first degree in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management plus 2 years post qualification experience or a Master’s degree in a related field.
- The candidate’s physical location will be in Abuja.
- Proven working experience in contract management
- Familiarity with construction management software package
We offer a highly competitive remuneration.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit by e-mail only an Application Letter and a CV as One Single Word document (not more than 7 pages) to: firstname.lastname@example.org On the subject line of your e-mail, you should only put the title as indicated above (no other text should be on this subject line)
- Interested Consultants are encouraged to apply as soon as they see this advert
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for negotiations.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply
Application Deadline 21st July, 2020