United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Treasury Sales Officer
- Increase sales of treasury products, ensuring profitability, while creating value and achieve market dominance in line with the bank’s strategic objectives.
- Track and analyze developments in the external environment and their implications on foreign currencies and securities to facilitate sales decisions.
- Ensure compliance with approved trader’s limit and daily open position limit.
- Seal and cover trades at competitive prices for customers.
- Source for key players in the industry in order to get share of wallet of their business.
- Reconcile transactions booked to ensure accuracy of information captured on the blotter.
- Capture all transactions processed bank-wide on FX blotter.
- Broad knowledge of banking industry products and services.
- Good knowledge and understanding of foreign exchange market and operations
- Ability to interpret customer business needs, operational requirements with demonstrable ability to crunch numbers
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Projects and Power BI)
- Customer relationship management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; strong analytical skills.
- Risk awareness, passion for excellence and attention to detail
- Knowledge of CBN’s policies and the business environment
- Social Media and Tech Savvy.
Job Title: Currency Trader
- Monitor global currency markets for price movements.
- Monitor and analyse developments in the external environment and their implications on third currencies to facilitate trading decisions.
- Evaluate technical analysis (charts) to identify trading opportunities.
- Ensure compliance with approved trade size and daily acceptable loss limits.
- Seal and cover trades at competitive prices for African subsidiaries, local banks and internal customers (Treasury Sales).
- Reconcile trades booked with platform blotter to ensure accuracy of information captured.
- Build and Maintain Relationships
- Build trust relationship with African subsidiaries, local banks and internal customers (Treasury Sales).
- Generate Daily Settlement for back-office (Treasury Ops FCY) by end of day for settlement
- Daily generation of trade blotter for submission to Market Risk/Internal Control/ Finance.
- Prepare EOM blotter and income statement for signoff by the Group Treasurer, Internal Control and Performance Management.
- Conduct market intelligence into third currencies activities and provide market commentary and views for the Treasury newsletter .
- Manage relationships in accordance with policies, procedures and legal requirements.
- Review Master Agreements with foreign and local banks for adequacy of content.
- Liaise with other market participants; and implement market development initiatives.
- Generate reports for relevant stakeholders
- Generate Daily Settlement for Liquidity Management by end of day for funding
Job Title: Head – Subsidiary Governance
- Monitor the activities of Company Secretaries in the various Anglophone Subsidiaries.
- Maintain appropriate enterprise-wide Subsidiary governance policies.
- Promote best practices of corporate governance in the Anglophone subsidiaries.
- Take custodianship of corporate governance portfolio for the various subsidiaries.
- Provide support to Directors of subsidiaries on governance issues.
- Prepare and administer the corporate calendar for the Anglophone subsidiaries.
- Standardize board packs and reporting formats for the Anglophone subsidiaries.
- Ensure the integration of subsidiaries added through acquisitions.
- Assist with implementation of structured changes & initiatives affecting the subsidiaries.
- Promote accountability of all Board Members and Management across the Group to Shareholders through improved transparency and disclosure
- Create a center of excellence for Subsidiary Governance.
- to Market Risk/Internal Control/ Finance.
Required Knowledge and skills
- Broad knowledge of banking industry products and services
- In-depth knowledge of organizational structure and corporate governance best practices.
- Knowledge of International law
- Project management knowledge,
- Strong interpersonal relationship and human capital management skills
- Excellent communication and interviewing skill
- Attention to details
- Bi-lingual i.e. speaks fluent English plus any other African official language.
Remuneration & Benefits
Your pay is negotiable. We offer an attractive benefits package that is highly competitive.