Google Forms is an internet app used by individuals or businesses to collect information and make surveys or quizzes. Google Forms can be sent out via emails, links or social media. It is a part of the Google suite – Docs, Sheets, and Slides – and is in sync with your other Google devices.
Creating a Google Form on your PC
- Go to google.com and type in Google forms
- Click on the first link that appears
- You will see the whole suite of apps – docs, sheets, slides and forms. The forms is usually in purple.
- Click on the forms. You will be directed to the page where you can begin the process of creating your forms. You can start with a blank page or choose from one of the templates – contact information, RSVP, party invite, T-shirt sign up and event registration – depending on what you wish to design. Click on template gallery to view a lot more templates. You can separate them according to categories.
- Choose the template you want and edit it
- To create from scratch, click on blank
- Add the title of the form by editing the ‘Untitled form’ to the designed title. Add a description.
- All you need to do is add your questions and send the form out
- You can add more fields by using the bar on the multiple option on the right. To change other settings, change colour scheme, preview the form, share the form, use the menu button on the top right. Switch from the Questions tab to the Responses tab in your form editor to see current responses to your form.
- Google Forms has 12 field types which are 9 question types, along with text, photo, and video fields. Click the + icon in the right sidebar to add a new question, or click the text, photo, or video icons to add media to your form.
- After filling in the questions, click on ‘Send’ on the top right. Enter the email addresses, the subject of your email and the message. Click the “include form in email’ box. You can also copy the link or embed it on your website. To share it on social media, click on the Facebook or Twitter button.