Twitter is a micro-blogging and social networking service where you can share your opinions/views using “tweets”. A Tweet is simply a post made on Twitter. Tweets are restricted to 280 characters as at the time of this writing.
The major benefit of Twitter is its huge user base and it’s one of the most popular Social networking site after Facebook. You can use Twitter to connect and create a relationship with many other like-minded people. You can also use Twitter to increase the visibility of your brand. For example, you can create an identity, market and drive traffic to your blog.
Registered Twitter users can post, like, and retweet tweets, but unregistered users can only read them.
Would you like to join Twitter? Let’s see the step by step process of how to create a new Twitter account!
How to Create a Free Twitter Account
- On your device browser, go to twitter.com and click on sign up
- Enter your name and phone number or click on Use email instead to open with your email address. Click on next
- Customize your experience by ticking the boxes. Click on next
- Confirm your details and click on sign up
- Enter the verification code sent to your phone number or email address. Click next
- Choose a password. Make sure it is 6 characters or more
- Upload a profile picture or skip the step
- Add a bio. This will appear on your page. Click on next
- Your account is ready and you can follow friends, sport clubs, news accounts and more