WhatsApp groups are a popular feature for WhatsApp users who want to keep in touch with a group of friends or associates. WhatsApp groups are useful for a group of people with a common interest. For example, a set of event organizers , a family, a church association or just mere friends who are miles apart and wish to keep in touch collectively.
Creating a group on WhatsApp
- Go to the CHATS tab in WhatsApp.
- Tap the New chat icon, then click New group. Alternatively, you can also tap the Menu icon and then click New group.
- Search for or select the contacts you wish to add to the group. Then tap the green arrow.
- Type in a group subject. This will be the name of the group that all participants will see.The group name is limited to 25 characters. Optionally, add a group photo by tapping the Camera icon.
- Tap the green check mark when you’re finished.
See illustrative video below.
As at the time of this writing, WhatsApp groups are limited to 256 members.