What is the job description of an Advertising Copywriter? What are the duties and responsibilities of an Advertising Copywriter? What does an Advertising Copywriter do?
Job Description of an Advertising Copywriter
Advertising Copywriters produce briefs and scripts for advertising campaigns and amends advertising copy according to feedback. Advertising Copywriters are responsible for generating the words, slogans and audio scripts that accompany advertising visuals. They work alongside art directors to conceive and complete effective advertisements.
Advertising Copywriter Duties and Responsibilities
Advertising Copywriters perform a variety of functions and roles including:
- Producing original, clear and credible ideas/messages/scripts, and presenting these to clients and colleagues
- Discussing the client’s core message and target audience
- Brainstorming visual and copy ideas with other members of the creative team
- Updating and amending campaigns according to feedback
- Writing reports.
- Monitoring campaign effectiveness
- Researching clients, their competitors and the target audience
- Supervising junior staff
- Liaising with clients and colleagues, and meeting project teams to consider advertising requirements
- Interpreting account briefs
Advertising Copywriter Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Some common skills and qualifications required of Advertising Copywriters include:
- A degree in advertising, design or related fields.
- Must be highly creative and imaginative
- Advertising copywriters must have good written and interpersonal skills
- Must work well in a team
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must have an eye for detail
- Must have an interest in commerce, popular culture, and new advertising trends and techniques.
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Advertising Copywriter starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Advertising Copywriter job description template to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs.
Job seekers interviewing for the role of an Advertising Copywriter may also reference it in preparation for the interview.