What is the job description of a Call Center Manager? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Call Center Manager? What does a Call Center Manager do?
Job Description of a Call Center Manager
Call Center Managers hire, train, prepare and motivate their staff members to provide excellent service to customers. The set objectives, analyze call center metrics, ensure that the company and staff meet goals and provide reliable, efficient support for customers.
Call Center Manager Duties and Responsibilities
Call Center Manager job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Coordinating staff recruitment, including writing vacancy advertisements and liaising with HR staff;
- Handles the most complex customer complaints or enquiries;
- Organizing staffing, including shift patterns and the number of staff required to meet demand;
- Coaching, motivating and retaining staff and coordinating bonus, reward and incentive schemes;
- Forecasting and analyzing data against budget figures on a weekly and/or monthly basis;
- Setting and meeting performance targets for speed, efficiency, sales and quality;
- Managing the daily running of the call Center;
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of industry developments and involvement in networks;
- Liaising with supervisors, team leaders, operatives and third parties to gather information and resolve issues;
- Call Center Manager monitors random calls to improve quality, minimize errors and track operative performance;
- Reviewing the performance of staff, identifying training needs and planning training sessions;
- Call Center Manager records statistics, user rates and the performance levels of the center and preparing reports;
- Improving performance by raising efficiency and sourcing new equipment to enable this, e.g. new dialing products.
- Assisting other management team members in identifying trends and establishing call center goals.
- Ensuring staff members are achieving desired service levels and taking corrective action, as needed.
- Preparing reports and analyzing call center data to improve processes, ensure resources are properly allocated, and maximize efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Authorizing replacements or refunds.
- Taking on other tasks or projects to support employees, other managers, and call center operations.
Call Center Manager Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Call Center Manager job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- College degree preferred
- Minimum of X years of management experience
- Experience in shared and dedicated environment
- Proficient in MS Office
- Customer centric bahavior
- Strong people management and development skills
- Ability to mentor, coach and motivate others
- Strong communications and presentation skills
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Call Center Manager starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Call Center Manager job description template to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs.
Job seekers interviewing for the role of a Call Center Manager may also reference it in preparation for the interview.