Civil Society Lead: Gas Programme at the African Climate Foundation (ACF)
The African Climate Foundation (ACF) is the first and only African-led climate change re-granting organisation on the continent. Through its grant making and thought leadership, the ACF seeks to support interventions at the nexus of climate change and development that have the greatest potential to deliver long-term socio-economic transformation and inclusive development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Civil Society Lead: Gas Programme
Duration: 12-months contract with the possibility of renewal
- To support the development and implementation of an Africa Gas Strategy in collaboration with CSO’s and other stakeholders working on gas across the continent.
- Identify and convene CSO’s working on gas on the continent and create a platform for regular engagement.
- Identify key issues, challenges and opportunities to inform a collective strategy.
- Identify existing campaigns to support/elevate or support the development of campaigns at the national, regional or international level.
- Undertake and commission research on key questions related to gas developments on the continent.
- Produce regular policy briefs and/or communications material to support the evidence base, communications and advocacy.
- Convene roundtables or host webinars with think tanks, CSOs and policy makers to explore and debate key issues.
- Convene dedicated discussions about data needs, localised data gathering opportunities and in collaboration with data experts and CSOs develop a strategy to fill these data gaps - including a platform (existing or new) to support open access data to map and track gas developments
- A Master's Degree in development or related field.
- Three to five years experience working on issues related to energy and socio-economic development on the continent Africa.
- Excellent communication skills in English and ideally French and/or Portuguese.
- Established networks in civil society organisations in Africa
- A sensitivity to political dynamics and a good sense of judgement and discretion.
- A good understanding of the gas landscape, incl. geopolitical and political economy dimensions.
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
- The ACF strives to be an equitable organisation with a team which reflects the diversity of Africa.
- We offer a flexible and rewarding working environment as well as a competitive salary.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Motivational Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the job title as the subject of the mail