Ericsson is the world’s leading provider of communications technology and services. Our offering comprises services, software and infrastructure within Information and Communications Technology for telecom operators and other industries.
We are enabling the Networked Society with efficient real-time solutions that allow us all to study, work and live our lives more freely, in sustainable societies around the world.
We are one of the only companies that have end-to-end capabilities to deliver what Carriers need to provide a smart, scalable and simple End-user environment ready for the Networked Society. A competitive, next-generation IP and Broadband portfolio of Solutions and Services, allows us to deliver a fully converged end-to-end solution for Service Providers around the world.
We are currently recruiting for the position below
Job Position: IP Sales – Solution Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job ID: 00065308
Job status: Full-time
- We are seeking Solution Manager with a proven track record in supporting technical sales of complex IP networking solutions to Service Providers. You will report directly to the Head: EP Fixed Broadband and Convergence. In this role you will play a key role in driving the driving technical sales in the all IP market segment in Nigeria.
- As Solution Manager within IP & Transport Networking you will be responsible for establishing relationships with technical key influencers as well as decision makers and manage the entire sales process from the technical side within the territory of IP and Broadband product and solution sales.
- You will promote and establish Ericsson’s position as a key player in the local IP market segment building from Ericssons expertise as the global leader in Mobile Communication. Together with the Key Account team for the Customer you will identify technical opportunities for IP Edge, Optical and Microwave in the all-IP segment. You will mentor the Key Account on IP pre-sales competence.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelors Degree required. Technical Degree and/or MBA considered a merit.
- 5-10 years experience in the networking industry, preferably with a vendor.
- Complete understanding of internet working (IP/MPLS), transmission, switching and service creation/provisioning.
- Open, winning and go-getter attitude, organized and structured, an excellent listener and strong presentation skills are per-requisites.
- Articulates arguments or ideas in a compelling way.
- Proactive, self-motivating with a good grasp of the key business drivers.
- Willing and available to travel frequently in the region
- Fluent in English and local language.
- Complete understanding of IP/MPLS, DWDM, microwave transmission & service creation/provisioning
- Strong background in DWDM and Microwave Transmission a plus, familiarity with OTN preferred .
- Strong background in Solutions/Consultative sales approach and process with ability to translate business needs to product solutions.
- Proven history of successful Consultative Presales activities including experience working with operator and engaging in technical conversations along with a strong understanding of how they evaluate, purchase, and deploy large scale systems.
- Technical Certification in IP or other relevant area, e.g. CCIE, JNCIE.
- Strong Understanding of the Network Service Provider technical challenges including intimate knowledge of the end-user needs.
- Strong ability to work in a complex global environment, effectively building and sustaining relationships at multiple levels with the customer as well as internally.
- Strong team player whom easily integrates in an existing team and has the ability to create the needed team to achieve the business objectives.
- Driving the technical sales process and lead the designing of comprehensive and complex technical solutions addressing customer needs
- In agreement with the KAM, initiating proactive customer engagements with existing and prospective customers.
- Representing the Key Account on technical issues towards the Product Area.
- Facilitating resources as needed to close large opportunities.
- Drive up-sell opportunities during the entire process in order to contribute to increased sales volumes.
- Give support in designing/consulting with the customers on complex networking solutions.
- Providing full product line specifications and maintain knowledge of the complete PA IP and Broadband products and solution offerings.
- Maintaining knowledge of key competitors product line and future direction.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
click here to apply online
When applying there will be a set of questions for you to answer. This is mandatory to be able to continue with your application.
Application Deadline 18th April, 2013