Our client is an established Telecommunication Engineering service
company in Nigeria with operations in Kano, Abuja, Lagos, Enugu and PH.
As a result of expansion, the company is looking to hire some very
skilled and resourceful individual as a Project Manager, Civil Site
Job Title: Project Manager (PM)
The role of the Project Manager (PM) is to plan, execute, and drive
projects according to strict deadlines & within budget related to
his region. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the
efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in
order to deliver projects according to plan. The PM will also define the
projectâ€™s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life
- Interpret and approve civil engineering drawing and detailing
- Manage all construction and engineering projects end to end.
- Manage the implementation of all civil construction works given to the company by various clients (IHS, ATC, LM Ericsson, etc)
- Take responsibility for quality control of works on technical site
survey (TSS), soil investigation, fencing, drainages, ducting, earthing
and access road construction.
- Ensure site build projects are supervised and coordinated
accordingly to adhere to clientâ€™s specifications within the allotted
- Work closely with Management to develop subcontractorâ€™s scheme,
supervise them, coordinate their performance and take responsibility at
- Manage all processes of SAQ ranging from Site Candidate search,
Lease/Purchase negotiation, Legal authentication, Permitting, Community
- Control BTS/MSC equipment, construction materials and civil works to
ensure adherence to scope requirements, guidelines and safety
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business
goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or
consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Serve as Community Liaison Officer when required.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the region
- B. Engr/HND in Civil Engineering. MNSE and COREN will be added advantage
- Minimum of 7 yearsâ€™ experience and 3 years direct work experience
in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process
development and execution.
- Must be a professional certified Project Manager: PMP/PRINCE2
- Strong familiarity with project management & other Business Applications software
- Demonstrated experience in personnel & process management.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Strong written and oral communication, and strong interpersonal skills
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial
- A valid Driver’s License and a driving experience of not less than 5 years.
- Maximum Age of 35 Years
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently, and flexible during times of change.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources,
including upper management, clients, and other departments, and bring
project to successful completion through political sensitivity.
- Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
- Some moderate travel within the country may be required for the
purpose of meeting with clients, stakeholders, or off-site
Application Deadline: August 05, 2016