Resource Intermediaries Limited
is a company registered in Nigeria to engage in outsourcing services.
The conceptual definition of the company is “easing business burdens”,
which is the fundamental reason for our existence. In living this
definition, we focus on three key areas; Human
& Management, Janitorial Services and Business Support Services
(Legal and Company Secretarial Services, Information Technology and
Finance & Accounting).
Job Title: Geographical Information Systems Officer
Education and Experience
- B.Sc in Geography graduates.
- IT savvy
- Ready to learn
Collection of geographical information:
- capturing the location of ‘assets’ using GPS (global positioning
system) tools in the field, e.g. location of bridges, street lights,
road barriers, flood defences and so on for private companies,
government agencies and local authorities;
- desk-based data capture (digitising) to convert paper maps to GIS
datasets, e.g. to record the location of telecoms cables or water
pipelines from original maps.
Storage of geographical information:
- creating programs to convert GIS information from one format to another;
- developing internet applications to present GIS data and tools on corporate websites;
- using tools to join together different GIS datasets and create new
information or investigate patterns, e.g. estimating the number of
people potentially affected by flooding, using population growth figures
and planning information to estimate increasing/decreasing demand for
school capacity, or calculating the number of potential customers for a
new supermarket and predicting buying patterns based on socio-economic
- creating and maintaining the structures necessary for GIS data storage;
- developing the tools for loading/transferring GIS data between different systems.
- Manipulation, analysis and presentation of geographical information.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply