MainOne’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient
people within their respective fields as the driving force behind
A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining
MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become
a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Manager – Managed Services
Reporting Line: Head Cloud & IP
- As Operations Manager you will be responsible for leading,
managing and developing the Managed Services team and suite of solution
- The team will be responsible for providing pro – active first fix and post-sales support to our Managed Service Customers.
- The ideal candidate will have previous operations management
experience, a natural talent for getting the best out of teams and a
sound understanding of the technologies we support Computer Hardware and
Operating systems, Cloud technology, Network & systems security,
Enterprise networking including IP VPN and MPLS.
Other responsibilities include:
- Design and deliver integrated solutions for Managed Service customers in line with ITIL and/or industry best practice.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of the team against SLA/KPI‟s,
driving through change as needed to deliver continual service
- Ensure remote teams are skilled, trained and developed to enable them to deliver high quality service and support.
- Manage and develop strategic partnerships with third party suppliers and other internal stakeholders.
- Achieve consistent customer satisfaction ratings and respond appropriately to customer feedback on areas for improvement.
- Drive a continual service improvement program based on a desire to become a world class managed service provider.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of competitive Managed services
offerings in Nigeria and globally develop propositions to sell and
further develop the MainOne brand.
- Ensure operational procedures and practices are well defined, documented and consistently applied.
- Instil a high performance culture in the team with a focus on
team work, service excellence and ownership for resolving customer
- Be capable of identifying and implementing change within the team to ensure it can take on new service offerings.
- Contribute proactively to new service development.
- Work closely with the Technical Sales to ensure new customers are on-boarded with seamless handover / transition.
- You will be required to liaise on a day-to-day basis with
customers, the Technical Team; GNOC, Service Delivery, Technical Sales,
Cloud team, Security team, IP Team, Project Management, and various
other groups /departments.
- Strong Knowledge of Managed Services, Managed Security, and Cloud as a service delivery model.
- Good Knowledge of IT and concepts such as virtualization.
- Have excellent communication, influencing and customer management skills.
- Have solid technical understanding of Networking, security and Hosting.
- Technologies and solutions.
- Analytical thinking to engage customers considering different business and operational models.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Familiar with Cloud Models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), also familiar
with connectivity, voice, video, security and general Network solution
- Relationship Management.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Technical (Engineering or Sciences) discipline.
- Minimum 7-10years experience working with managing various services.
- Minimum of 5 years in supervisory/management position.
- ITIL, CCNA , CCNP , MCP
Demands of the job:
- Ability and willingness to work long hours, take responsibility for delivery and meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Frequent Travel may be required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply
Note: When the page opens, click on “Operations Manager – Managed Services”