Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on
emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s
financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across
the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us
guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial
solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the
latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and
vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the
future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our
dedicated team at our offices.
Stanbic IBTC Bank is recruiting to fill the job position below:
Job Title: IT Control Officer
Job ID: 20118
- Group Risk Management: understanding all risks – from the
economic to the political – that could affect our global business, and
offering guidance to all parts of the bank
- Responsible for assessing controls around IT infrastructures,
including network devices, applications and databases as well as all IT
- During the process, completes work timely and in accordance with
Control methodology and other applicable standards, and defined plans,
budgets, and schedules.
- Perform IT security reviews involving people, processes, and technologies.
- Assess network architecture so that he or she can identify
configuration and topology issues through analysis of the design and
configuration of the network.
- Prepare work papers, draft grammatically correct interim letters
and other reporting documents; assist in preparation of the draft
- Evaluate the completeness of the responsible management’s corrective action plans.
- Auditing operating systems, firewalls, intrusion detection
systems, databases, web servers, messaging servers, network components
and industry specific technologies in line with best practices.
- Perform related work as assigned by lead Manager(s) and/or Manager.
Key Performance Measures:
- Early identification of vulnerabilities within the IT systems that are susceptible to fraud.
- Zero tolerance for fraud due to internal breach or weaknesses in the systems or technologies supporting business.
- Timely escalation of potential threat to IT systems and data.
Internal and External Relationships
- Internal relationships – The need to maintain a wide network
with key stakeholders in the Bank such as Operational Risk, Risk
Assurance, Group Internal Audit.
- External relationships – Professional bodies and other relevant affiliations
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Business management or commercial degree
- Applicable certifications.
- Education: BSc. Minimum
- Banking Experience -Minimum of 3 years.
- B.Sc. Degree in IT related course.
- Applicable IT certifications.
- Minimum of 3 years.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 14th December, 2016.