The U.S. Embassy in Abuja is seeking to employ a suitable and qualified candidate for the position of Office Management Assistant in the Consular section.
Position: Office Management Assistant
Basic Function of the Position:
Incumbent is primarily an office manager. In addition to organizing the Consular Section Chief’s schedule and correspondence, the incumbent also serves as the Consular Section’s expert on the Embassy’s automated personnel, travel and procurement systems. She/he provides exceptional customer service to the many VIPs applying for visas and provides complete and accurate information in response to inquiries.
To obtain a copy of this announcement please visit our Mission websites at: http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/hr_office.html
Note: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
- University degree in Social Sciences, Sciences, Language Arts or Business
- Administration is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required.
- Ability to type 40 words per minute is required.
- Minimum of two (2) years office management work experience
- Level IV (fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English is required.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
OR – Ordinarily Resident –N2,250,420p.a. (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-06
In addition tothe basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
How To Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
- Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
Submit Application To:
Embassy of the United States of America
Human Resources Office
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive
Central District Area
Or submit to: HRNigeria@state.gov
- All ordinarily resident applicants must have the required work and/or residency permits to be eligible for consideration.
- All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
Application Deadline 28th May, 2013