The U.S Embassy in Abuja is seeking to employ a suitable and qualified candidate for the position of Computer Management Assistant in the Information Systems Center (ISC) section.
Position Title: Computer Management Assistant, FSN-08/FP-06
Basic Function Of The Position:
Incumbent performs installation and configuration of equipment on the unclassified local area network, to include application of security fixes, installation and upgrade of software, installation of hardware, running communication cables, performing help desk and training duties, ensuring accuracy of inventories, performing routine maintenance on servers and assisting with account and user management.
NOTE: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
- University Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Engineering is required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in the computer field, with emphasis on Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, Networking,
- SharePoint and Web Design is required.
- Level IV (fluent) Speaking/Reading in English is required.
- Thorough knowledge of computer equipment operations management, application programming, and local and wider area network operations to include CISCO products is required.
- Knowledge of hardware and software acquisition procedures, computer troubleshooting and repairs is required.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an overall summary rating of “Needs Improvement” or “Unsatisfactory” on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
SALARY: OR – Ordinarily Resident–N3,810,106 p.a.(Starting basic salary)
Position Grade: FSN-08
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
NOR – Not Ordinarily Resident – AEFM – US$44,737.00,
EFM/MOH – US$38,394, (Starting Salary) p.a.
Position Grade: FP-06
Application Closing Date
September 30, 2013
How To Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
Submit Application To:
Embassy of the United States of America
Human Resources Office
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive
Central District Area
Or submit to [email protected]