- University Librarian
- Senior Lecturer
- Lecturer I
- Lecturer II
- Assistant Lecturers
- Architect I
- Campus Planner I
- Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Quantity Surveyor I
- Principal Engineer (mechanical)
- Engineer I (Mechanical)
- Technical Officer (Mechanical)
- Chief Accountant
- Budget and Planning Officer
- Accountant I
- Executive Officer
- Higher Executive Officer
- Company Accountant
- Production Supervisor
- Principal Technologist
- Technologist II
Vacancies exist in the following Departments:
1.) Department of Animal Production
2.) Department of Agricultural Economics
3.) Department of Crop Production
4.) Department of Fisheries, Forestry & Wildlife
5.) Department of Food, Nutrition and Home Sciences
6.) Department of Soil & Environmental Management
7.) Arabic & Islamic Studies
8.) Department of English & Literary Studies
9.) Department of History & International Studies
10.) Department of Philosophy and Religious Studies
11.) Department of Theatre Arts
12.) Department of Social Science Education
- Social Studies.
13.) Department of Vocational & Technical Education
- Agricultural Education
- Business Education
14.) Department of Library & Information Science
15.) Department of Human Kinetics & Health Education
16.) Department of Arts Education
- Christian Religious Studies
- Islamic Religious Studies
17.) Department of Science Education Biology
18.) Department of Accounting
19.) Department of Banking & Finance
20.) Department of Business Administration
21.) Department of Public Administration
22.) Department of Biological Sciences(Botany, Zoology)
23.) Department of Chemistry
24.) Department of Earth Sciences
25.) Department of Mathematical Sciences
26.) Department of Microbiology
27.) Department of Physics
28.) Department of Biochemistry
29.) Department of Economics
30.) Department of Geography and Planning
31.) Department of Mass Communication
32.) Department of Political Science
33.) Department of Sociology
34.) Basic Medical Sciences:
- Medical Biochemistry
- Pharmacology and Therapeutics
35.) Basic Clinical Sciences
- Chemical pathology
- Haematology and Blood Transfusion
- Medical Microbiology
36.) Clinical Sciences:
- Community Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Orthopedics and Traumatology
- Oto-Rhino-Laryngology (ENT)
- Surgery (General surgery, Urology,
- Paediatric surgery, Plastic and
- reconstructive surgery, Neurosurgery)
- Paediatrics and Child Health
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
37.) Works Department
38.) Bursary Department
Qualifications and Experience
1.) University Librarian
- The University Librarian is responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the administration of the University Library and coordination of all Library services in the University, its facilities, colleges, schools, institutes and other teaching and research units As an academic unit, the successful candidate will be expected to give both administrative and academic leadership.
- The candidate who must have a minimum of fifteen (15) years cognate experience, ten (10) of which must be in tertiary institutions, including Universities. A doctorate degree will be an added advantage.
- He/she must show evidence of substantial contribution to knowledge through research and scholarly publications in reputable journals. In addition, the candidate should have proficiency in management and administrative capability to initiate research and be knowledgeable in the applications of computer on Library operations and services.
- The University Librarian is responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the day-to-day management of the University Library System.
- The person to be appointed must be capable of planning, organizing and implementing an integrated University Library system within the context of a modern information and communication science.
- The University Librarian must have the capacity for mainstreaming information technology to cover the University Library system and its planned expansion.
- A Ph.D holder with a minimum of ten years experience at University level and capacity to teach and develop undergraduate and postgraduate courses, play a major role in the academic leadership in the discipline, Postgraduate supervision at Ph.D or equivalent level, and considerable background of research.
- He is also required to give an inaugural lecture in his area of discipline and carry out any other academic and administrative duties that he may be assigned.
- A Ph.D holder with a minimum of eight years teaching experience at University level; Postgraduate supervision for Masters, Ph.D degree or equivalent and considerable background in research.
- The candidate would be expected to demonstrate appreciable ability to develop and teach undergraduate and postgraduate courses, provide academic and professional leadership and community service.
4.) Senior Lecturer
- A Ph.D holder with a minimum of 6 years post qualification experience and considerable publications, must demonstrate strong evidence or potential for continued research activity and academic leadership.
- The candidate must show evidence of good performance in teaching and research, and must be of good character.
5.) Lecturer I
- A Ph.D holder with a minimum of 3 years teaching/research experience and considerable publications or a Master’s degree holder with at least 6 years of teaching or other relevant experience, who must demonstrate aptitude for teaching and research, and must be of good character.
6.) Lecturer II
- The candidate must possess at least a Master’s degree, with at least 3 years of teaching and research and be of good character. A fresh Ph.D holder may be considered for appointment.
7.) Assistant Lecturer
- The candidate shall possess a Master’s degree.
- Holders of First degree from programmes of 5 or more years duration shall be eligible for appointment, provided they show aptitude for teaching and research, who must have met other professional criteria.
8.) Architect I
- The candidate must possess a Master’s degree in architecture and show aptitude for architectural designs, registerable with Nigerian Institute of Architects (NIA) and Architects Registration Council of Nigeria (ARCON) plus NYSC discharged or exemption certificate. He should also be of proven integrity.
9.) Campus Planner I
- The candidate must possess a good Bachelor’s degree in Town Planning/Urban and Regional Planning, show evidence of proficiency in basic land use or Town Planning techniques, registerable with Nigerian Institute of Town Planning (NITP) and Town Planning Registration Council (TOPREC) plus NYSC discharged or exemption certificate with minimum of 3 years cognate experience.
10.) Principal Engineer (Civil/ Mechanical)
- The candidate must possess a good Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Mechanical Engineering from a recognized institution, with a minimum of 6 years cognate experience, be an active member of the Nigerian Society of Engineers, show evidence of projects planned, designed and supervised, demonstrate knowledge and competence in the use of computer Engineering designs, be of good character and registerable with Council of Engineers of Nigeria (COREN) plus NYSC discharged or exemption certificate.
11.) Senior Quantity Surveyor
- The candidate requires a good Bachelor’s degree in Quantity Surveying, registerable with Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors (NIQS) and Quantity Surveyors Registration Board of Nigeria (QSRBN) plus NYSC discharged or exemption certificate with a minimum of 6 years cognate experience.
- The candidate must show evidence of experience in project costing and valuation, cost planning and control, be computer literate and of good character.
12.) Quantity Surveyor I
- The candidate requires a good Bachelor’s degree in Quantity Surveying, registerable with Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors (NIQS) and Quantity Surveyors Registration Board of Nigeria (QSRBN) plus NYSC discharged or exemption certificate with a minimum of 3 years cognate experience.
- The candidate must show evidence of experience in project costing and valuation, and be of good character.
13.) Engineer I (Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical)
- The candidate must possess a good Bachelor’s degree in Engineering in the respective discipline from a recognized institution, registerable with Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) and Council of Registered Engineers of Nigeria (COREN) plus NYSC discharged or exemption certificate.
- The Candidate must demonstrate aptitude for basic engineering designs and be of good character.
14.) Engineer I (Building)
- The candidate requires a good Bachelor’s degree in Building Engineering from a recognized institution1 registerable with Council of Registered Engineers of Nigeria (COREN) plus NYSC discharged or exemption certificate. The candidate must demonstrate aptitude for site supervision and be of good character.
15.) Technical Officer (Mechanical)
- The candidate requires National Diploma (ND) in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized Polytechnic plus a minimum of 4 years cognate experience.
16.) Chief Accountant
- The candidate must possess a Master’s degree in Accountancy plus 12 years cognate experience. In addition, candidates must possess the professional qualifications of ICAN, ACCA, with 6 years post qualification experience Candidates must demonstrate ability to use accounting computer programmes and be of good behaviour.
17.) Budget and Planning Officer
- The candidate to be appointed as Budget and Planning Officer must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy and must be a Member of Professional accounting bodies such as ICAN, ANAN, ACCA.
- He should also have a minimum of 5 years cognate experience in standard budgeting and budgetary control procedures in reputable organizations. Computer competency in Microsoft and accounting software will be an added advantage.
18.) Accountant I
- The candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy with additional qualifications in computer studies/data processing.
- The right candidate for this position should have a minimum of three (3) years cognate working experience in dynamic and computerized accounting systems.
19.) Higher Executive Officer (Accounts)
- The candidate must possess a Higher National Diploma (HND) in Accountancy. He should have three years working experience in any reputable organization as an Executive Officer.
- Computer competency in Microsoftware (Word & Excel) and Internet will be required.
20.) Executive Officer (Accounts)
- The candidate must possess National Diploma (ND) in Accountancy. He should also have three years working experience in any reputable organization. Computer competency in Microsoftware (Word & Excel) and Internet will be required.
21.) Company Accountant
- The right candidate for this position should possess Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy or equivalent with membership of professional accountancy bodies such as ICAN, ANAN, ACCA, etc.
- He should also have a minimum of five years cognate experience in a reputable business organization (Manufacturing, Construction and multinationals). Computer competency in Microsoftware (Word & excel) and applicable accounting software is also required.
22.) Principal Technologist
- The candidate for this position must possess a minimum of Higher National Diploma (HND) in Biochemistry option. He should have a minimum of 5 years working experience, and must be a member of NILST.
23.) Technologist II
- The candidate for this position must possess a minimum of Higher National Diploma (HND) in Biochemistry option. He should have a minimum of 5 years working experience, and must be a member of NIL
24.) Production Supervisor
- The candidate must possess a minimum of National Diploma (ND) in Food Technology or its equivalent. He should have a minimum of 3 years experience in a food processing industry. Experience in the cashew processing industry will be an added advantage.
Emoluments and Benefits
- A basic salary (CONUASS 07) with benefits which include subsidized hard furnished residential accommodation, 30 working days annual leave, official car and driver, gardener and such other benefits as approved by the University Council from time to time.
Faculty of Medicine
The Faculty is in the process of transitting into a College The following additional guidelines are applicable in the Faculty,
1.) Assistant Lecturer:
- A first degree in Medicine and Surgery (MBBS) or Masters in basic Medical Sciences
2.) Lecturer II:
- Part I Fellowship (National or West Africa), FRCS, MRCP.
3.) Lecturer I:
- Part II Fellowship (National or West Africa), MRC Path.
- M.Sc plus Ph.D in Clinical Sciences such as Chemical Pathology, Medical Microbiology, etc.
Emoluments and Benefits
- These are as applicable in Federal Universities in Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
11th April, 2014.
Method of Application
Candidates are requested to submit 15 (fifteen) typewritten copies of their applications and Curriculum Vitae giving the information in the order listed below:
- Full name:
- Post desired and department:
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth and State of Origin:
- Permanent Home Address (Not P.O.Box or P.M.B.):
- Current Postal Address:
- Marital Status:
- Number of Children with names and ages:
- Institutions attended (with dates):
- Academic Qualifications (with dates):
- Professional Qualifications (with dates) where applicable:
- List of Publications with details of Titles, Publishers or Journals, dates and pages.
- Working Experience, General and Specific Experience (with dates):
- Details of Administrative Experience and Service to the Community (with status and dates):
- Present Employment, Status, Salary and Employer:
- Names and Addresses of three Referees (two of whom must be professionals or authorities in relevant fields.The referees must be requested by the applicant to forward the referee reports directly to the Registrar and “marked confidential: for the attention of the Registrar” at the top-left hand corner of the envelope.
Applications should be submitted to:
The Registrar & Secretary to Council,
Kogi State University,
P.M.B. 1008, Anyigba
Kogi State, Nigeria.