Our client, a leading full-service financial institution in Nigeria, is looking for suitably qualified candidates to head its Foundation, which is a not-for-profit entity established to operationalize our client’s corporate social responsibility strategies and initiatives.
Job Title: Executive Secretary/CEO
- The ideal candidate will report to the Board of Directors and will have strategic oversight of the Foundation’s operations and programmes along its defined focus areas.
- The ideal candidate will also champion the development and maintenance of the desired corporate culture, values and reputation with all stakeholders; establish and maintain key relationships with relevant parties for collaboration and impact; and be responsible for overall strategic planning, fund sourcing, financial management, organizational development, staff management and program operations management.
- S/he will work collaboratively with the Board of Directors in leading the transformation of the Foundation to a mature state, to facilitate achievement of strategic objectives.
- Participate (alongside the Board) in the articulation and/or modification of the Foundation’s corporate social responsibility (CSR) strategy.
- Champion the development of the strategic plans for the Foundation and ensure linkage with overall organisational strategy.
- Ensure that the Foundation’s strategy is properly cascaded across all levels within the Foundation.
- Interpret and communicate the goals, milestones and achievements of the Foundation to potential donors, the business community, the media, and the public, exploring traditional communication channels and online media.
- Maintain constant communication with relevant officers within the mother institution to explore avenues for the Foundation’s positive brand affinity to impact on the Group’s reputational capital.
- Actively seek and maintain a diverse donor base of individuals, businesses, government and other relevant agencies and entities.
- Manage all fund-sourcing activities, including grant writing, as well as stewardship of existing donors, identification of new sources, and event planning.
- Oversee the Foundation’s fund-raising activities; ensuring that acceptance of donations does not pose conflicts of interest to the Foundation.
- Oversee the sourcing, evaluation and selection of relevant partner organizations in line with the Foundation’s focus areas.
- Champion the management of relationships with all stakeholders.
- Provide direction to Portfolio Managers in the coordination and control of projects/programs along the Foundation’s focus areas.
- Cultivate a strong partnership with the Board of Directors in setting policies consistent with the mission of the Foundation, as needed, with all standing and ad hoc committees of the Board.
- Oversee and support the development, design and delivery of program initiatives, ensuring that the goals and objectives are aligned with the Foundation’s overall strategic plan.
- Oversee preparation of the annual budget and other necessary financial documents and provide information and justifications for Board of Directors in its budgetary review and approval process.
- Promote the Foundation’s visibility and welfare through participation and membership in community forums, civic organizations and activities that are aligned with the Foundation’s mission and vision.
- Review and authorize programme proposals and requests.
- Ensure effective monitoring of budget and time performance of various projects.
- Ensure authorization of the Foundations financial expenditure/transactions in line with approved authority limits.
- Serve as an interface between the Board and employees of the Foundation.
- Present progress reports on deliverables of the Foundation’s corporate social investment programs to the Board and other stakeholders.
- Champion the periodic review of the Foundation’s processes to identify improvement opportunities.
- Work creatively and innovatively to quickly establish the Foundation as a leading not-for-profit organization within the scope of its identified focus areas.
- Oversee all activities of the Foundation and ensure compliance with internal policies and government regulations.
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent preferably in the humanities or social sciences from a reputable institution.
- Postgraduate degree from an accredited institution preferably in Behavioral Science, Social (Work, Education or Human Services) may be an added advantage.
- A minimum of ten (10) years relevant experience, at least four (4) of which must have been in a
- supervisory or management capacity; including demonstrated experience in managing projects and programmes.
- Track record of working on public-private partnership-led initiatives and or dealing with inter-governmental organizations.
- Previous experience in a non-profit organisation will be an added advantage.
Requisite Skills and Attributes
- Good interpersonal, negotiating and communication skills with effective presentation skills.
- Strong skills in managing fundraising, volunteering, etc;
- Excellent organization, coordination and administrative skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Result oriented/quality focused disposition.
- Excellent resource planning and utilization skills.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills.
- A track record of intensive involvement in community development.
- Willingness to travel within the country and occasionally internationally.
- Ability to represent the Foundation both locally and internationally in a manner that heightens the quality of relationships and advances the positive perceptions of the Foundation.
- Ability to think strategically and holistically.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
Method of Application
All applications must be submitted on or before Tuesday, 20 May 2014 and sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the relevant job title and code stated in the subject line of the email.
Each application must include:
- A cover letter detailing the applicant’s position of interest and detailed contact information.
- Applicant’s updated curriculum vitae.
All applications will be treated in confidence. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.